Decomposition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decomposition

Now all of my teachers are dead except silence.
    - W.S. Merwin

Today I briefly
    Thought of my long dead parents
    My mother returned to soil
    In Michigan
    My father burnt to ash
    In the crematorium

I speak these words aloud
    Already they too have vanished
    Merwin is right

I had not known of Merwin before you spoke of him, Tanner; I have since made myself more familiar with his oeuvre, gladly and with much wonder.

I have this sense that though our lives are necessarily finite, our essences are remembered, beyond all human cognition. We are sigils inscribed on a heart of stars.

Comment

Grant, you taught me a new word today, sigils from the Latin "sigillum" - a Magic symbol. I love your phrase, "sigils inscribed on a heart of stars". Words flow from you like the cloak of a Magician whose conjuring and acts of prestidigitation keep us forever spellbound and gobsmacked.
      Last edited by Tanner; 05-28-2017, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Nor had I heard of Merwin - I echo Grant's thanks for the introduction. This is just the sort of clever word play I enjoy - though on a deeper level than one at which I am currently able to make an approach.

Comment

Tanner, this is an inescapable truth, one we dread bearing, and yet, must find a way.

Comment

MORE LEARNING. MORE WORDS. MORE GOOD POETRY.

::hits silverware against the table over and over::

How about, Magische? That is the word I read from Jung's The Red Book, 200$ of pure WORTH.
            Unendliche- Infinite.

I read his "foreign" language; I dont know what it is called, but he has a preference, and its highly germanic. Like the word BLAUE. I study ever so often with him.

I am bragging.

Comment

I like sympatico, tympanies, ubiquitous, matin(matinee), and skiey (from Shelley)

Comment

Working...
              X