Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mother's day interpretation

Re-working piece
    Last edited by Suz-zen; 07-31-2017, 06:12 PM.

beautiful, me thinks you've captured the essences.

Comment

divot Hi there. Good to hear from you. Thank you for reading and for your kind comment.

Comment

I wonder Suz-zen if this is a reminiscense of an actual experience? It carries an almost a dream-like quality and the word 'interpretation' in your title choice has me wondering of the inspiration. Care to share more?

Comment

• Suz-zen
          Suz-zen commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi RLW! Thank you for writing and asking about this poem. The inspiration is from a few experiences on Mother's Day. I believe they were connected as my belief is that the whole world is-both here and beyond.
          A few things :
          1) I found an injured fledgling (a finch) after dawn and rescued it after calling my neighbor for help. Not an easy feat. First onsaw it on the walkway then he tried to fly (1 " off the ground) under the bushes and hiding behind the lattice and thorny branches. Awkward and injured. Sad eyes staring up at me. Finally allowing me to scoop him up he was calm and sweet. Kept steady eyes on my eyes.
          2) I have been witnessing first hand the awful illness of Alzheimer's and how it can rob a person of even the ability to get out of bed. As I saw a courageous act of trying to command limbs to do what they would not I thought of the young bird trying to fly. Both needed help. Both had tired wings that would not work. I had a gut feeling they both needed their mothers -I was mother to both as best as I could.
          3) I have heard from many people as they near death that when they are passing through the veil to the other side a loved one,already there, often comes for them. They are there waiting. This was just told to me a few days ago. "He held out his hand, but he was too far away. I wanted him to come closer. But he said, not yet."

Hope this helps. I am typing on my iPhone so do excuse typos etc. I will proofread later on laptop in bed!

I may rework the piece. I had wanted to get it down as quickly as I could before the 'sense' quality left me. My neighbor got a photo of the finch. A most precious little creature, like all of us.

• RhymeLovingWriter
          RhymeLovingWriter commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh my goodness - that is so beautiful Suz-zen. YOU are so beautiful - as your kind and generous spirit shines through.

Love it

Comment

A beautiful ethereal piece... You, Suz-zen, are an enchantress!

Comment

• Suz-zen
            Suz-zen commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh thank you @N.Y.Sonnet ...I am so happy you think so. I am enchanted by your sonnets! Thank you for reading and taking the time to comment

There is beauty here and I think NY hit the nail on the head with enchanting

Comment

Good morning, Parkinsonspoet thank you very much. Truly appreciate it.

Comment

Remembering an elderly woman I used to read to and a Robins nest just off the back deck Beautiful memories

Comment

Perfect minimalist lyrical gem, Suz-zen, moving without being sentimental, suffused with meanings without being abstruse. Aaaaaah!

Comment

Hello Suz-zen, You write with a delicate beauty. There is a serene holiness about and within this most beautiful poem. The holiness of motherly warmth, love: succor for both the soul and the heart. As if composed from the breast of love itself. Just beautiful. Regards, Tony.

Comment

• Suz-zen
                  Suz-zen commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I appreciate this comment Tony Grannell - thank you for being encouraging in your generous praise.

Suzzen this is sheer loveliness both in form and in expression.

Comment

• Suz-zen
                  Suz-zen commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you Alexandra.
              Working...
              X