It will return.
    It always does

One day the cycle
    will be broken.
    Weariness will win.
    I will be weary free.

I wish i could be around
    to enjoy it.
    Last edited by rhymetime; 04-19-2017, 03:18 PM.

Subject matter is heavy - but you've handled it well. To the point. As to the 3rd stanza - if weary wins - wouldn't you then be weary full, not weary free? Perhaps there's hope even now.

Comment

• rhymetime
      rhymetime commented
      Editing a comment
      This weariness has been my companion for as long as I can remember. Like an old friend that visis only occasionally we commiserate and then move on. This weariness is part of who I am. When i am no longer around my weariness will disappear with me. I suspect that this weariness is genetic. My weariness and i have passed our companionship along. We hope that the future generations will learn to enjoy the symbiotic and creative relationship that we share. We have a love/hate relationship that weariness and me.

Does that make any since at all? I think that should be sence???
      Last edited by rhymetime; 04-19-2017, 04:05 PM.

• RhymeLovingWriter
      RhymeLovingWriter commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh yes, I definitely get the sense of such a relationship rhymetime. And I think I did understand you meant death as an end to the weariness. But as to a win for the weariness? - that part is probably influenced for me more in the idea that YOU are the winner in the end. When we come to know one way so very intimately, it's nearly impossible to see any other way - and if it is the relationship with weariness that leads to such beautiful poetry - then I'd say you've found a way to make it work.

Me too.

Comment

• rhymetime
      rhymetime commented
      Editing a comment
      Greatest comment ever
      to be uderstood
      thank you Grant

This sounds sad Rhymetime like when weariness wins you'll be free as in dead.

Comment

• rhymetime
      rhymetime commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes ma'm. I will carry this weariness with me until death. I figured that out a long time ago. We are a part of each other. we coexist

Maybe the "weariness" is just the "God" in us forgetting that we are God. A constant process of forgetting and then remembering. Does that make sense rhymetime?

Comment

• rhymetime
      rhymetime commented
      Editing a comment
      Please elaborate

i think weariness is coincidental with intelligence. - incidentally it's the reason i dont worry about an extra terrestrial attack, any higher intelligence out there is surely older and more weary than us.

Comment

• Suz-zen
      Suz-zen commented
      Editing a comment
      ha! Interesting thought lg!

rhymetime I read a book called Conversations with God by Neale Donald Walsh. I highly recommend this book. In the book the voice of God states that he/ she re-creates his/herself when we forget who we are and then remember. I interpret that for my self as my own weariness. When i remember this I am no longer weary. Try the book in case I didn't explain well enough

Comment

• rhymetime
      rhymetime commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, Bobby
      I have that book and have read some of it. I am easily distracted. I will revisit it now perhaps with a new perspective

rhymetime. We walk in the same shoes. There is an existential weariness to being a sentient, intelligent creature. Many people find "distractions" of a variety of sorts to deal with weariness. Your poetry is the saving grace.

Comment

• rhymetime
      rhymetime commented
      Editing a comment
      they are shoes well worn i am proud to share these ill fitting shoes with one such as you
      thank you my friend

rhymetime whoa! i do relate.

Comment

My god it will even break your cycle that is adding insult to injury specially when you have to share taners shoes. Still probably more comfortable than Suz-zens heels.
      Hey you mardy lot whose ready for the wake and shake Suz-zen grant hayes Tanner RhymeLovingWriter AlexandratheLate Bobby Del Boy lunar glide Maybe what you need is the party animal. Grant I think he is Australian
      Last edited by Parkinsonspoet; 05-06-2017, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X