• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Niggling (Senryu)

He niggled me. I
    niggled you. We both bit. The
    rest is history.

hhaha RLW i am picturing snoop singing just niggle with it.

Comment

• RhymeLovingWriter
      RhymeLovingWriter commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey LG, glad I could amuse you. The situation which instigated the poem was not pleasant, so I'm glad something good could come from it. For my purposes 'niggle' was meant to mean to annoy or nitpick at someone.

new word. senryu are special to me, though this is different. does that mean 'unique'? I think so. n further, imma think about it some more. heady, for sure, but light, like a senryu should be. it pulls me in, n I wonder, the rest, history, association. second read I associate it w. fishies.

thanks.

Comment

• RhymeLovingWriter
      Editing a comment
      Well amenOra, I labeled it senryu, but am still learning the forms, so hope I didn't err in that regard. As for history, think Garden of Eden and an apple, and you are right on target.

I admit, the difference between mind n heart shows, I have not once been able to write the dark cynical humor of senryu so tightly packed. I would agree, this seems, ambivalent? n I am not sure which word would make it ,pop,. but I know the difference between learning and beginning and then mastery. we are all, niggled. consider me Niggle.

Comment

This made me giggle.

Comment

• RhymeLovingWriter
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Alex. You know - giggle rhymes with niggle - there ought to be a poem in there somewhere? I assure you, this was no laughing matter - more about exhaustion and ill tempers worn to the nub.

Such a clever way of telling a timeless story -- I love it!

Comment

• RhymeLovingWriter
        Editing a comment
        Thanks NYS. Sometimes, most of the time, we work with what we've got at hand.

Perfect, aren't most arguments just that?

Comment

In essence, rhymetime, they are that!

Comment

When niggling
          it is best
          to leave
          a little
          wiggle
          room.....

It seems I have come to the party a little late Paula. Interesting topic Paula

Comment

• RhymeLovingWriter
            Editing a comment
            Never too late Bobby. Wish I'd have thought of wiggle room when I started the niggling - but fortunately if you're able to apologize, then repair can be made.

Perfect miniscule, like a mediaeval drollery.

Comment

• RhymeLovingWriter
            Editing a comment
            Thank you Grant. I rather liked this one, even if it's a remake of an old, old story.
        Working...
        X