I am the Sun beyond the sky,
    I am the Moon about to die,
    The stars that shine are part of me –
    At least till I have broken free.

I am the ocean, endless stream
    Of drowning bodies in the dream,
    Unconscious of the water still
    I’m not quite me – I've lost my will.

You are a seeker of magnitude greater than most I've yet read AnatoliyS. Awareness is beautiful, perhaps at times maddening, but always worthwhile.

Comment

• AnatoliyS
      AnatoliyS commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you RLW! "The one who searches – never finds", maddening indeed!

I really enjoyed this because the one who seems more self aware has a more difficult time in life. Very well done!!

Comment

Your introspective and philosophical poems challenge our intellects and lay down the gauntlet of sublime truths!

Comment

Thank you for your comments!

AlexandratheLate : indeed, it seems that self-awareness brings difficulties at times. However, we must consider that everyone is on the same search, and being unaware of it will just create unconscious fear and conflict that will find resolution through various accidents in one's life until they've been pushed around enough to hear the message.

Tanner : Whatever is writing the poems through me is first of all challenging myself to accept the message I know intellectually but not quite in my heart.

Comment

I read this earlier today and knew I liked it alot, but could not figure out why.
          After sitting and thinking about it all day I figured out that it is the repetitive nature of the rhyme scheme that I like. It shows the audience- or at least me- the apathetic nature of this piece- which is what I assume you were thinking with having "I’m not quite me – I've lost my will." being the last line. This mood is driven home further through the fact that the narrator describes himself as contradicting ideas, like he doesn't even know what he is feeling.

Anywho, keep up the good work, brother.

Comment

I've read this several times. I like it because it seems to describe the internal conflict we can all experience and the different roles we assume. The brilliant part is that it makes you consider all of that!

Comment

I read this as challenge, and struggle exemplified!

Comment

Thank you for your comments!

Impkid , it is very interesting to read your interpretation! As DWAYNE and mooneyblack have noted, I would say that it is more about internal struggle than about apathy, but you could say that sometimes the seeming hopelessness of such struggle may result in apathy.

Comment

Working...
                X