By the terrain and prevailing wind

Not initially seeing the hand
    Outstretched before her
    Offering help, support
    Could she take it or continue alone?
    She reached out;
    In that act alone she grew stronger
    Knowing she would be safe

First attempt at writing out of rhyme. Totally lost on the format of this would appreciate advice/feedback

I like it quite a bit. I think it flows very nicely. I honestly did not notice that it is "out of rhyme" until I read you saying so.
    Last edited by AnatoliyS; 03-21-2017, 11:39 AM.

Comment

• mooneyblack
      mooneyblack commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, AnatoliyS I appreciate the feedback. A bit out of my comfort zone but the words just came and I went with it.

I agree - this has such a beautiful flow to it.

Comment

• mooneyblack
      mooneyblack commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, AlexandratheLate. It was rattling about in my head for a few days so I went with the flow. Not my usual thing but perhaps things are changing.

mooneyblack, you handled this write with ease and expertise. Almost as if the poem was about your new writing endeavor.

Comment

• mooneyblack
      mooneyblack commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks so much Bobby Del Boy. I'll not be so afraid to try something different next time.

sometimes free verse is the only way to express yourself! It read natural to me, so no need to worry 😀

Comment

• mooneyblack
      mooneyblack commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for taking the time to read and feedback; very much appreciated.

I really liked this mooneyblack Carefully watching each step
    Frightened of falling The carefully and falling work well together! Keep going!! this format is holding out its hand to you!!

Comment

• mooneyblack
      mooneyblack commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the read Suz-zen, the feedback and advice. Great encouragement to try again. Thank you.

Hello mooneyblack, 'She reached out', says it all, as you have done with this splendid poem. I think it's a wonderful poem. Bit of a Seamus Heaney in you. Carry on the way you're going, I'm looking forward to your next one. Well done indeed. Regards, Tony.

Comment

• mooneyblack
      mooneyblack commented
      Editing a comment
      Tony, thanks so much for reading and for the feedback. If I could evolve to be anywhere near the quality of Seamus Heaney's work I would be delighted but at least I can say we're from the same country. Thanks again Tony. Regards Karen
Working...
X