• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Stranger

The stranger in need
    May be a disguised Angel
    Think before ignore

I was coming back to this Haiku a couple time in the last 2 days, and it became one of my favorite poems I have read recently. A beautiful message delivered beautifully! I greatly respect your ability to deliver a lot through very few words, Tanner.

Comment

Have you ever seen the movie 'Entertaining Angels'? It's based on the life of Dorothy Day - who regularly went beyond her comfort zone to help those in need. Quite inspiring.

Comment

This reminds me of the Bible verse in Hebrews 13:2 'Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.' Anyway, beautiful haiku!!

Comment

You are so right!

Reminds me of a man, who appeared to be homeless, who begged me for 2 dollars, while taking the subway, years ago.

I never refuse those I can help, and I just told him, as I always do, to pay it forward.

A few years later, I was riding the same train, a little uneasy about the finely dressed gentleman, who kept looking at me.

As I rose to disembark, he approached me, stating "You don't remember me do you? 2 years ago, you gave me 2 dollars to take the train. That 2 dollars, got me to my training program, just in time. Because of you, I got the training I needed to get the job, I have now. I have been looking for you to say thank you"

I know that the sight of 2 apparent strangers in tears, embracing on a subway platform, probably caught a few people off guard, but no regrets here!

That remains one of the most FANTASTIC feelings I have ever had in my entire life!

I never ask why, I just do. And I imagine, something WONDERFUL like that happening, everytime. I like to think that it does. I know that it is certainly a possibility, and it is that possibility that spurs me on!

Thanks so much for the memory!

Comment

• RhymeLovingWriter
            RhymeLovingWriter commented
            Editing a comment
            Now THAT is a beautiful story Dwayne. We don't often see the fruits of the seeds we've been allowed to plant or share. You made my night with this sharing!

• AlexandratheLate
            AlexandratheLate commented
            Editing a comment
            What a wonderful experience. Thank you for sharing.

• lunar glide
            lunar glide commented
            Editing a comment
            it cant be coincidence that this should happen to YOU DwAyne! thank you for the inspiration in action!

A lovely reminder to be kind

Comment

Working...
          X