Beautiful sentiment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beautiful sentiment

The title of this forum is "poetry and lyrics." What about quotes? I'm assuming they would be lumped in together so I wanted to share this quote I found a few years ago after my ex boyfriend committed suicide and I was really missing him. I think it's such a beautiful sentiment and elegantly worded.

"Ten long trips around the sun since I last saw that smile, but only joy and thankfulness that on a tiny world in the vastness, for a couple of moments in time, we were one." Ann Druyan

I promise not to overflow with quotes. This one is just very special to me.

It is a beautiful quote, Mal, though it is a sorrowful situation in which you hold it dear. What some people do here, Tanner comes to mind, is write poems or songs based off the quote and post them together. You could try writing a poem with this quote using your memory of loss and sadness.

Comment

• MalGalsYourPal
      MalGalsYourPal commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. I hadn't thought of trying to write a poem based off the quote. That's a good idea.

find an uninspiring quote, maybe, and write about that, ppl. might help us see things better thru your eyes...

Comment

i am deeply sorry for your loss, from someone who has been much much too close to that stuff.

Comment

• MalGalsYourPal
        MalGalsYourPal commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you. I'm sorry for your loss as well.

It is a poem on its own. Thank you for sharing it!

Comment

I thought it sounded quite beautifully poetic too. I've heard MHenry mention prose poetry - would a quote be an example of that or does it need to be a considerably longer work? Learning all the time here. Welcome to the zone Mal!

Comment

Working...
        X