No longer mine to share

I will burn
    The memory foam
    Only then I dfscover
    Its fire retardent

That last paragraph is exceptional.
    The whole poem really, is excellent.

Comment

Sorry Jon. This is real life. So raw and sincere.

Comment

Yes. Bobby picked the right word for your poetry. Sometimes witty or wise or funny or inspiring. But always sincere!

Comment

lunar glide Bobby Del Boy DWAYNE This the completion of a poem conceived about 4 years agoI found it whilst compiling some of my poems fo self publication and thought to finiish it. The rawness was real but is past. Thank you for your kind words

Comment

Jon, as we all know about you, your rawness always turns into resilience

Comment

Perfect love poem. Just the right blend of sadness and anger. I wonder how you might have finished it had you done so when you fist concieved it.

The second verse was especially poingant for me

Comment

• Parkinsonspoet
                Parkinsonspoet commented
                Editing a comment
                I don't know how i would have finished but possibly more anger. I do have fragments of poems sometimes completely forgotten then discoveredThank you for the empathy

• rhymetime
                rhymetime commented
                Editing a comment
                I suspected that more anger might be your response. I sometimes fear the fragments of old thoughts and wonder if they can be completed with the emotional honesty with which they were concieved. I too have many fragments.
                Love and respect to you my friend

Some nice turns of alliteration and internal rhyme in this clear-eyed reflection on love lost.

Comment

It may have been from years ago - but the power inherent is present day. 'Dependable become expendable - your dreams scream within me...your fantasies no longer mine to share.' The ache is palpable.

Comment

Working...
                X