That all will do their duty
    We will fight them wherever they reach
    We will go on until the end
    We will never surrender

We won't wait
    We won't go away
    Support our victory
    Equip our our army to overcome

A rousing call, Parkinsonspoet, with lots of vibrant metaphor and phrasing. Crackles with energy.

Comment

it sure does, towards the end that gathered energy dispersed became somewhat autonomous, a vicegerent or something. Angelic, really.

how do we reverse, I have been wondering, the terrible, terrible Enantiodromia? sacrilege or verboten.

I am never sure anymore.
      thank you for the Words.

Comment

A strong poem, Parkinsonspoet! A message of truth. Good luck with it in the contest. May it be read and understood by many.

Comment

grant hayes amenOra Muttado1sb Thank you for engaging with his. Each year in April the charity Parkinson's UK have an awareness week. The awareness week has a theme and this year it is about the urgency of research.and they have chosen the strapline "We won't wait" I don't know if strapline means anything so maybe slogan is a better word. I usually write a poem in support but because the slogan is neither self explanatory or welcoming support I found this difficult. I did have a few ideas and after dissecting Grants the Goblin Shoes I decided it should be a big message with no apologies and I would throw everyting but the kitchen sink in the mix blending the strapline with a bit of Winston Churchill.This has resulted in a poem that supports the theme and satisfies my integrity. Thank you to the three of you for engaging.

I contacted the charity and explained my doubts about their campaign and am now one of their marketing panel so will get an opportunity to have input in future

Comment

Jon, when I read your poem without knowing the cause, I knew you were advocating something very important to all of us. After reading your followup, I am deeply moved by you and for you.
            The charity has done itself well by installing you on their panel.

Comment

Your writing will move all who are thinking seriously about helping. Great work and congratulations!

Comment

Rousing - with many ingenious and engaging turns of phrase. Colorful explanation, sincere exhortation, profound commitment and poetic invitation - you have done very, very well, and I salute!

Comment

Hello Parkinsonspoet, Intricately woven into a terrific passage of poetic art. A clarion call, onwards and bravely into the fray - neither let nor hinder till victory and victorious is this poem. Well done indeed. Regards, Tony.

Comment

Working...
                  X