Awake the wretched, rise again!
    In dreams of death abide no more!
    Stretch out your limbs, renewed as men,
    Follow the light through opened door!

And when you breathe the peaceful air –
    Walk through the planes and mountains steep,
    Follow my light to hidden lair,
    And do not leave myself asleep!
    Last edited by AnatoliyS; 02-28-2017, 07:36 AM.

Anatoliys I enyord this but am not sure what its message is?

Comment

gripping imagery! I like this!

Comment

• AnatoliyS
        AnatoliyS commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you, always a pleasure sharing my poems with you!

Originally posted by Parkinsonspoet View Post
      Anatoliys I enyord this but am not sure what its message is?
      The message in my poems is always the same, even though it is expressed in many different ways, sometimes vaguely. The message is Spiritual Awakening.

Taking this poem in particular, "My Light" is my Love, is my Being, is God. When we look carefully and honestly around us (and AT us) we might notice that the absolute majority is deep asleep, unaware, not present, lost in thoughts. I know I am most of the time. The only proof I need is seeing separate bodies walking around, and perceiving myself as separate from you. When I get in touch with "My Light" I get in touch with Oneness of God.

The only way for me to awake is to shine my Light (Love) unto others ("I am asleep, yet my light shines"). When I see you doing something "I" do not like (judging you) I do not see the Truth in you, do not see What you Are. Therefore, my eyes are closed - I am deep asleep. When I see you and everyone else in proper light, the light will help you awaken ("Raises the dead in darkest halls... ...In dreams of death abide no more!"), and in turn you will not leave me asleep, reflecting same Love back unto me ("Follow my light to hidden lair, | And do not leave myself asleep!"). Or, expressed in Biblical terms: "Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap". I would only add that "God is not mocked" is not a warning, but a reassurance.

When we all are in touch with this Love, we are One. A long and useless journey is finished, the world is no more, we are awake.

That's the gist of it - I know, easier said than done.

Comment

Your phrasing was smooth to listen to, AnatoliyS. Thank you for the explanation. As I read this I got a picture of the biblical ''Rapture'', though the last line then threw me.

Comment

• AnatoliyS
          AnatoliyS commented
          Editing a comment
          And yet, the last line is most crucial – I cannot pretend to be the savior, shining my light on you so that you can awaken. It is you who are my savior, and the best my light can do is to get in touch with yours, and it is through our joined light that we awaken.
      Working...
      X