Save me, spare me

Don't let me die
    Please, don't let me die
    Don't let me die...
    Don't... let me die...
    Don't... ever... leave me...
    ...to die
    ~~~

The worst state anyone does not want to suffer with... especially me, where I've had my own emergencies and I have to say, I'm thankful to be alive.

This is the rawest of emotion Bry89 - a cry to live. It strikes my heart.

Comment

You feel the raw desperation and determination, Bry, well written! But I am confused by the two lines ''To let me to die'' and ''Or just leave me to die'' as they seem to contradict everything else here.
      Last edited by Muttado1sb; 02-26-2017, 08:57 PM.

Comment

• Bry89
        Bry89 commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh... I didn't think there was an issue with that. Feel free to suggest a little fix for these if you want.

• Muttado1sb
        Muttado1sb commented
        Editing a comment
        I see them as contradictions because the rest of the poem, almost every other line, is saying ''I don't want to die.''

The first line, though, is part of a question of the other's actions, so it could work by adding ''Or'' to the front, though that takes away from the flow. But hopefully you see what I mean.

The second line is part of a demand, so for someone who is saying they don't want to die it was jarring to me. ''Don't just leave me to die!'' works better for me.

Just my two cents, since you asked. It is very good poem as is anyway. Thanks

Your poems are crying to be joined with music, Bry! Most of what you write would work really well as song lyrics. I've been playing guitar 12 times longer than I've been writing poems, and I just want to grab my instrument and sing what you wrote here. 2nd and 3rd stanzas in particular grab my attention as great song lyrics - verse and chorus.

Comment

• AnatoliyS
        AnatoliyS commented
        Editing a comment
        Most electronic music I like is from the 70s and 80s and is not aggressive enough to work for this poem. I cannot imagine it with Tangerine Dream (maybe their early psychedelic works). Have you ever listened to Venetian Snares? I could imagine it working with one of his albums, this is a good example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcGp...peK1GDN5BPNylp

It's been about 6 years now since I quit experimenting with electronic music. This track would still be not aggressive enough (maybe the ending part, starting at 2:30, written in 7/8 - uneven rhythm might express the failing heart, but the melody is more reminiscent of recovery): https://soundcloud.com/anatoliy-schn...ider-something

What band/song do you have in mind working for this poem?

• Bry89
        Bry89 commented
        Editing a comment
        Well, maybe not an aggressive manner for this one but something like this I suppose > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjBOmfE2ZzA (well, for the first half of it anyway). For artists/bands that could work with this, I don't really know to be honest.

• AnatoliyS
        AnatoliyS commented
        Editing a comment
        Well, not necessarily my style of music, but I can say that your lyrics are definitely more thoughtful than what I heard upon following that link.
    Working...
    X