and question

why

does my heart cling so stubbornly to a rhythm
    with no logical sense for—hopefulness
    nor reason—continuation?

And still
    I shall set a table
    for two.

Welcome back! Reading your verse is like coming home again. As I read this piece - all I could think was - because...the mate to your heart is out there beating in rhythm to yours...just not yet in close enough proximity to hear.

Comment

Hi Paula! What a lovely welcome back—thank you, my friend! And as to my potential mate—well, I wish he'd hurry the heck up! I'm 50 and not getting any younger!

Comment

The table for two is a poignant image. There is a sweet sincerity about this one that is not easy to.pull off. Kudos!

Comment

I appreciate that comment, lunar glide. Much of my writing comes from an authentic place in terms of experience/emotions (isn't that true for most?) and I find I the challenge is to write in such a way so as to broaden the experience somewhat, trying to make it less about "me" in order to include the reader into that emotional place. (Hope that makes sense.) I always hope my words don't spill out like some personal pity party, but maintain some creative purpose!

Comment

Well it comes from an authentic place but you still have to know how to write 😋 and you do!

Comment

Working...
            X