Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Her Pets and She

Her pets and she, one of each kind,
    Through streets and lanes, boldly they go.
    A bear and fox, raccoon and crow
    With the red girl, you'll always find.

Where'er they go, the girl follows;
    Where'er she goes, with her they go.
    Up trees, she's led by Bear and Crow,
    Whilst t'other two lead down hollows.

In feats of guile, sly Fox excels;
    With Raccoon, to forage they go.
    Sky high eyes are furnished by Crow
    Whilst Bear from foes knocks seven bells.

Before sundown, back home they traipse.
    To her room, at bedtime, they go.
    They share her bed (yes, even Crow)
    And dream up tomorrow's escapes.

(The sketch accompanying this inspired the poem)
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Hello Raoul, The child in us all will love this. A melodic affair, fantasy and poetry and tomorrow's escapes. A lovely verse indeed, very well done. Regards, Tony.

Comment

I love this adventure and the reflection of trust between the child and her pets.

Comment

Hi Raoul, a very nice poem and a beautiful sketch! Do you a higher resolution image file? Hard to make out all the details with such a small size and it deserves a closer inspection!

Comment

Hi AnatoliyS,

Here it is. Hope it's much better. Unfortunately there was a size limit on the attachment for the original post so I had to crop the resolution. Thanks for the compliment! R
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Lovely children's tale - you are a great storyteller and illustrator Raoul! I enjoyed this little lark into the sweet memory and possibility of childhood!

Comment

• Raoul D'Harmental
          Raoul D'Harmental commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the compliment RLW. I'm sure it isn't deserved but thanks all the same R

RhymeZone Forums was extremely important to me. When I joined the site – in April 2016 – I was truly humbled that so much talent would accept a Simple Rhymer. However, a few months ago I decided to pull away due to – what I felt – was an abundance of SPAM postings and comments.

Recently, I was asked to become a Moderator to assist the other Moderators – and Administrators - in combating these SPAM postings and comments. It was my honor to enthusiastically accept.

I pledge to take the time to review the site daily (multiple times) and take appropriate action when necessary. I thank you for your contributions, and if you are considering withdrawing your talents – or have already done so – I sincerely hope you will reconsider.

My email address is [email protected] if you have any concerns regarding material posted to RhymeZone Forums.

Comment

Good verse! Reminds me of stories about Winnie the Pooh =) Did you create it yourself? The poem would be great for a children's book! I recognize myself here, as a child, always bringing some animals and birds home and asking my parents to keep them. Though I had a few pets without them. Now I also have one, guinea pig, I want to buy her the same friend, that she wouldn`t be too bored. Does anyone here have a favorite pet? How do you pamper them? I often give them goodies https://pawbility.com/can-guinea-pigs-eat-celery/ Are your pets the only in your family? If no, they friendly with the other pets?
          Last edited by MillisJonny; 10-28-2021, 12:36 AM.

Comment

So good Raoul, the poem and your beautiful artwork.

Comment

Working...
            X