repeated penance - meant to tamp
    excessive judgment uttered bold.
    The rites foretold another chance
    to learn, to grow, to choose for right
    and I, in mind of all past deeds
    took up the fight within myself.
    Maintaining still this morphing hope,
    as round I grope, for words to bless.

A truly beautiful poem that I can very much relate to. It is the process most of us are going through in life, especially in our spiritual path. It is very important that we "maintain this morphing hope" and "grope for words to bless", not to curse.

You have a very sublime way with words, seen more clearly with each new poem you post. I hesitate to write blank verse because I would then have to develop the words, the sounds to such an extent, I do not believe I am capable of. (not yet) You are doing it beautifully.

Thank you for sharing!

Comment

• RhymeLovingWriter
      RhymeLovingWriter commented
      Editing a comment
      Your work is beautiful as is. Sometimes these just come to me - this morning it was after meditation - and it is the best feeling (and blessing) ever to let it flow. To be then met with gracious commentary on top of it? Joy indeed. Thank you my poet friend!

Thank you for sharing this beautiful poem RLW! With these kind of poems I see how very considerate human being you are! I respect that about you!

Comment

• RhymeLovingWriter
      Editing a comment
      And you as well imrogue - many thanks for looking, liking, and sharing. Life is so short, and words can make a difference - for good or ill - I choose to utter those which bless, not condemn, as often as I am able. Of course, I do believe that awareness comes from a desire to love God well, to the extent which I accept and act on it. It wasn't (and isn't) always so - but hopefully I'm moving in a positive direction.

I love it when a non-rhyming poem....rhymes ☺

A beautifully made, elegantly phrased, and sincere self examination, tying together past flaws and future resolve.

Comment

• RhymeLovingWriter
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Grant. Well...considering the source... It seemed the season for reflection - and resolution. Hope springs eternal in this little heart!

Great cadence, very well done! Love these lines
    "then life turned lessons one by one
    to render mute my scissored tongue."

Comment

• RhymeLovingWriter
      Editing a comment
      Thank you John! Full disclosure and truth there - from hard lessons learned. I appreciate your read, like, and kindly comment!

Beautiful expression of inward reflection, I normally don't like non rhyming poems as much. However the more of yours I read the more I do. Your flow and meaning is great. Good job 👏

Comment

• RhymeLovingWriter
      Editing a comment
      Thank you so much Rach79. It's funny - all I used to do was straight rhyme - and I still do that too. But more and more the words tumble out in more free form style. Thanks for taking a look and leaving this great comment!
Working...
X