Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

thoughts (inspired by grant hayes use of the word lambent in a comment)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thoughts (inspired by grant hayes use of the word lambent in a comment)

Lambent feelings
    longed for
    fearing insouciance
    hands over face
    like a mask

happy with the thought that you are there
    the thought that you are there
    the thought
    that you care

why am i scared?

like a mask
    hands over face
    fearing insouciance
    longed for
    lambent feelings

are you there?

You must(if you don't know the definition) look up these words to comprehend the deliciousness of this write. Ya learn something new everyday kids. Lovely collaboration Suz-zen and Grant!

Comment

• Suz-zen
      Suz-zen commented
      Editing a comment
      thank you Bobby. Wrote this after midnight. almost had forgotten I had posted it as i went to bed right after. I had looked up yet another grant hayes word as i always do when I come across a new one and out of me came this. though grant says no collaboration it truly is. without him this would not exist. I say thank you to him.
      Last edited by Suz-zen; 12-30-2016, 04:05 PM.

All the kudos is Suz-zen's, Bobby. I just used lambent in a comment ☺

Comment

• Suz-zen
      Suz-zen commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for the kudos grant hayes. i don't know if i have ever asked how you have built such a grand vocabulary?

Suz-zen, your use of repetition and mirroring here is so skilful. Such a simple palette; such subtle artistry!

Comment

grant hayes much thanks for teaching me so many words! I now add lambent to my list ... i realize i may not have used it in typical fashion. Your use in the comment section to describe the poem by lunar glide was most probably better. And anyone reading this who perhaps has not visited THAT please do!

Thank you for the thumbs up Grant.

Comment

Lovely insecurity, Suz-zen! It is beautifully crafted.

Comment

Lovely to the ear Suz-zen - and I too learned a couple of new words - lambent and insouciance.

Comment

• Suz-zen
            Suz-zen commented
            Editing a comment
            I too, RhymeLovingWriter intend to do better with keeping track! My list of good intentions may lead me to you know where!!
            lunar glide i did not know that word. I had heard it maybe and thought it had a 'foul' sound. I think I could work that into a poem, perhaps as a metaphor for the fever we have when falling for someone in the initial stages... it takes us over... a fever... infects our body and our brain... goes to the heart... fear 'kill' us??? Where is the antidote??? This is how i am inspired..... thank you!!! love you kids!!

• RhymeLovingWriter
            RhymeLovingWriter commented
            Editing a comment
            Bless you Suz-zen. I haven't been called a 'kid' in a very long time.

• Suz-zen
            Suz-zen commented
            Editing a comment
            RhymeLovingWriter I think of us all as a bunch of kids here in one family... playing with words, feeling whatever surfaces from our souls and learning together.
        Working...
        X