We’ll try again, one more time before
    We try again; then perhaps close that door
    That’s revolving within with no way out
    Both trapped inside wanting to shout
    Lacking the courage to stick out a foot
    Block the next revolution to inwardly mute
    The screaming voices within our heads
    That speak volumes whilst nothing is said

Acutely insightful, smoothly rhymed snapshot of relational dysfunction. Salutes all round, mooneyblack.

Comment

I am not a great interpreter of poetry. I will tell you what your verse says to me

It speaks to a decaying relationship in which neither party wants to verbalize or take the first responsible step. So we just...

Comment

That speak volumes whilst nothing is said

Yes indeed mooneyblack. And the words (or lack thereof) go round, and round, and round... Kudos!

Comment

Well crafted, emotive work!

Comment

Hello mooneyblack, Intriguing, encircled in the chaotic sphere of fear as if, 'We'll try again', is one urging oneself on - and on into the same rotation of no escape. I have very much enjoyed reading this. An excellent verse describing the silence of mayhem. Well done indeed. Regards, Tony.

Comment

It is hard to be the one who says it's time. Round and round indeed. Nicely written and rhymed, mooneyblack!

Comment

Thank you, Grant Hayes, Rhymetime, Rhyme Loving Writer, Dwayne, Tony Grannell and Muttado1sb. Your feedback is much appreciated and most encouraging. I was in this 'mayhem' quite a long time ago but was recently reminded of it when observing another relationship that appears to be caught in those revolving doors.

Comment

Working...
                X