The things that crawl - the things that bite
    The things that stalk in dark of night
    Mosquitoes, spiders, roaches, and gnats
    Give us the shivers and heart attacks
    Those tiny, formidable, ghastly foes
    We swat and smash in our bedtime clothes
    All God's creatures must serve a purpose
    Just keep them please off my epidermis

I'll second that! A lighthearted look at this little annoyance of life MHenry!

Comment

• MHenry
      MHenry commented
      Editing a comment
      It is because of those little buggers, I never wear shorts and rarely eat outside! Thanks for the support, RLW!

Something for the arachnophobes and other likes to relate to. Thankfully, I'm not one of them but they do give me the creeps, and the first thing I want to do is inflict harm on them because, why not? Although, praying mantises are nice and they deserve to live, in my humble opinion. I enjoyed that wee read you have provided us though

Comment

• MHenry
      MHenry commented
      Editing a comment
      Praying mantises are very cool looking. I would rather photograph them, than swat them. Thanks for the visit, Bry!

Stink Bugs and yellow jackets is what comes to mind. One wants warmth but the other's not kind. Give your yellow jacket to the stinkbug Mr. Bee and then both of you take a hike.....

Comment

• MHenry
      MHenry commented
      Editing a comment
      Hiking is another thing I avoid, due to mountain lions, ticks, snakes, poison ivy, etc... I guess I am real stay at home type! Thanks for the visit, BDB!

Oh MHenry A gnat was chasing me last night!!!! I swatted and cursed and finally turned a light on in the kitchen to lure that little bastard away in hopes that he would leave me alone!! Ran to my room and slammed the door!

This is a riot and oh so true.... great rhyming tricky slice of life! God's purpose here? Fodder for your craft!!

Thank you for the laugh!

Comment

• MHenry
      MHenry commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, I have included mosquitoes, gnats, roaches, and spiders in more than one poem! They don't seem to be bothered by the words unless they are on a rolled-up newspaper, though! Thanks for your unwavering support and encouragement, Suz-zen!

A winsome rhyme with universal appeal, MHenry. Yes, you brought off the 'epidermis' rhyme with aplomb. That word could only work, methinks, in a poem of this wry tone.

Comment

• MHenry
      MHenry commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, grant. That ought to get some rhymists thinking about how to use epidermis in their own work, as the word is terribly under-represented in poetry!

Spiders are my nemesis, anything else, no real problem (mmmm?) Nice piece MHenry. Enjoyed the read.

Comment

• MHenry
      MHenry commented
      Editing a comment
      I had a black widow on my car door the other day, and I was all ashudder! I tried to flip it away and it disappeared in my hair or down my back, I was sure. I finally found it hiding in a little crevice where I then summarily dispatched it to the nearest spider cemetery. Double shudder...! Thanks for the look and comment, doc!

So profound!
    All god's creatures. Indeed we are. We may not understand or appreciate everything about "the other " but in the end all are creatures of the same orign.
    You make me think of all the discord in our world just now. We must allow for it
    I agree if the other will let me be I won't swat them

Comment

• MHenry
      MHenry commented
      Editing a comment
      I hope President elect Trump will make a no-bite, no skin-vaults treaty with these scoundrels! Thanks for the time, rt!

All creatures great and small are fodder for MHenry's poetry. A fun read!

Comment

• MHenry
      MHenry commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, Mutaddo, Fodder is the stuff of poetry, that is for sure!

Hello MHenry, Fear they not giants, as they must surely behold us or is it that they see us as banquets, especially those skeeters. I can tolerate most but not those blood suckers. A very well rounded poem and expressed with much gusto and zestfully swatted. Fine poetry indeed. Regards, Tony.

Comment

• MHenry
      MHenry commented
      Editing a comment
      I think you are right, Tony, they think they hit the mother lode. I'm gonna feast for years on this beast! Yeah!

Thank You! Cant sleep well as it is! Shivers, Sincerely your Arachnophobic Friend. The second! Especially with the cold coming. they want to crawl into the warmth of my bed. There is no stopping them!!!

Comment

• MHenry
      MHenry commented
      Editing a comment
      We can squash them easily - they should be afraid of us, but instead, we are afraid of them. Another one of God's cruel, and very funny, jokes! Thanks, Ts!

I second that!

Hilariously, MHenry!

Comment

thanks, Dwayne

Comment

Working...
      X