Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suz-zen
    commented on 's reply
    The second thankfully i have not. I have however know a few that have, sadly still do.

• The second
    replied
    P Poet, Salute!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Parkinsonspoet
    replied
    Your diescribe this so well.and have constructed an excellent verse I raise a glass to you

Leave a comment:

• The second
    replied
    Never a sober ending. Thank You!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• AnatoliyS
    replied
    As if you are praying like a Monk
    Stuttering, slurring
    In your temple of meditation now
    Again drunk
    I love this ending. Unfortunately, I know how it goes from first-hand experience. A great story painted here, The second!

Leave a comment:

• The second
    replied
    I hope you have never prayed in that temple Suz-zen!. "The monk bought lunch" "ya he bought a little" Thank You!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Suz-zen
    replied
    The second missed this one before.... love this part: As if you are praying like a Monk
    Stuttering, slurring
    In your temple of meditation now

Leave a comment:

• Tony Grannell
    commented on 's reply
    I jest you not, grant, when I say, two poets a sat the counter in the merriment of Guinness and the poetry of conversation would be, without doubt, my idea of heaven. So engrossed would we be, that no man would dare make trespass on our pronouncements. That's a great expression, 'shout you a schooner', it's a powerful offer. A hearty sláinte to you too - and one more for the road!

• docstorm
    replied
    This reminds me of the famous morning after statement.................."OOoohh! My aching head,...never again!"

Nice one, enjoyed the read.

Leave a comment:

• The second
    replied
    Thank You MHenry

Leave a comment:

• MHenry
    replied
    Very effective, Ts. A perfect vignette!

Leave a comment:

• grant hayes
    commented on 's reply
    Ah, a Guinness-and-poetry man, and Irish too! I'd love to shout you a schooner of the dark brew, Tony, and talk and talk on barstools. Sláinte!

• Tony Grannell
    replied
    Hello The second, Teardrops in my Guinness and poetry on the mind. I have often been the barstool monk and come the sobering morning; the fool. Once again an excellent and keenly observed passage of poetry. Well done. Bottoms up, Tony.

Leave a comment:

• Muttado1sb
    replied
    Quite the description of too many I know. But I prefer to read it than to see it. Well described and poetically put, The second!

Leave a comment:

• RhymeLovingWriter
    replied
    What a picture you paint here TS - very effective - very affecting - leaves me with a sense of futility for those about whom you've woven this fine verse. I like the way you put this together.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X