For Laura

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Laura

A breeze with angel hair from Christmas arrived at noon to brush across my shoulders
    Amid the Torrey Pines and Birds of Paradise as Laura’s face appeared before me
    So close I could touch it
    but she was moving swiftly with that unmistakable smile
    A softness transcending eiderdown in weightlessness

I said aloud, Ah! My friend, I am sorry I have not been in better touch with you.
    Soon, I will call you, soon. Yes, soon as things calm down.
    And the touch of Angel Hair disappeared with the upturned corner of her lips into the breeze
    As unrepentantly as she arrived, she vanished

My dear, sweet beautiful bride Laura passed away at 3:30 AM this morning after a courageous battle against cancer. I was by her bedside at home... a Facebook post by her loving husband said.

Awake on her way to Heaven with lots to do and see. Yes,see you soon dear friend, as soon as things calm down.

A very sad end, but a beautiful tribute, Suz-zen. Life is short, time is precious...friends, more so.
    The Cat's in the Cradle.

Comment

• Suz-zen
      Suz-zen commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you MHenry. SADyes that she will not be here on this plane.... and it was so strange that when I read the post I had known she was gone from here. Not at an intellectual level.... but i knew she and I had communicated. Some will say hogwash.... that's OK b/c I know.....

Beautiful Suz-zen. Sorry for your loss. So thankful you had her friendship to cherish. Hugs from the zone.

Comment

• Suz-zen
      Suz-zen commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi RhymeLovingWriter, thank you for our private talk last night. It forced ME to sit with my feelings over this loss and to write. I was inspired by you and a poet I have recently discovered (again) through a friend. ....and a line she had written:

“I miss you steadily, painfully.”
      ~Jane Kenyon
      This had been gnawing at my gut!! PAINFULLY. Steadily.

Check her out. This poem is in her style from a few pieces. Like you, i am still 'trying on different styles' to fit the moment/ mood.

thank you for the tender words and Liking and hugs..... means a lot.

Suz-zen I write to to you in the wee hours of my morning, seldom I soundly sleep! I say coldly! fuck this cancerous sting My father proceeded your friend into an angel hair end!! God I remember angel hair on the Christmas tree for the first time when I was seven.

Comment

• Suz-zen
      Suz-zen commented
      Editing a comment
      ugh! the C-word. I am sorry that it took your Father The second. It is a F***ER! To rob us of those we hold dear and to cause such suffering is UNFAIR. I had not thought of Angel Hair since I was a child. Yet there it was... for REAL. All around me as I walked my dog. And there was Laura. seemingly out of nowhere! She had soft golden hair. A beauty that brought Light and Love to all who knew her. A rare opalescence of a creature who i will deeply miss.

Hello Suz-zen, The sweet sorrow of passing epitomised in this most tender scripture. May Laura rest in peace and solace found in memories of her. My condolences, Tony.

Comment

• Suz-zen
      Suz-zen commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Tony Grannell, yet it is with sweet sorrow. If we did not love we would not feel such sorrow. One does get one without the other. A cruel package deal. I have so many memories to count. thank you for your words poet friend.

Gorgeously written, Suz-zen; an account that plucked at my spine and quickened my pulse. A perfect sliver of life. Again, you strike deep chords.

Comment

• Suz-zen
      Suz-zen commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you grant hayes. my own pulse has been quickened by so much of late. slivers of life that require tweezers in form of a pen and a blank sheet of paper to remove the intruder of pain.... even after the culprit is removed the pain for a time remains. thank you dear friend. Appreciate you,

Suz-zen a beautiful write that makes me pause Smetimes sadness is a measure of worth and reflects the depth of loss. Take care

Comment

since words are often poor consolations in the face of terrible grief. and I don't know what to say I won't add any. but not your poem suz-zen! it is beautiful.

Comment

• Suz-zen
      Suz-zen commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you lunar glide. My Uncle who was buried the day before Laura passed used to say, 'what can you do?'
      And so that is now what I say.... it not much of a consolation. however, it keeps me going.

A lovely tribute. Sorry for the loss of your good friend. I'm glad she came to say farewell and tell you you were a happy friend. Take care.
    Last edited by Muttado1sb; 11-27-2016, 08:32 PM.

Comment

• Suz-zen
      Suz-zen commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks so much @Muttado1sb... i have replayed the farewell a number of times today. A kind word from you helps with the feeling of loss.
Working...
X