back
    and
    forth
    over dissonant calm, rung out
    note
    by
    note
    leaving coda haunting the wind.

you have built something beautiful from frustration.. This is a marvelous construct RLW!

Comment

• RhymeLovingWriter
      RhymeLovingWriter commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you LG - and frustrated I surely was.

in ter est ing!! do tell RhymeLovingWriter what is the inspiration? or desperation? I feel weary... i feel tired.... i am worn out... beat up.. is the coda referring to music or something else? co-dependent?
    Enigmatic .... moving.... concrete form....in a mystery step to where??

Comment

• RhymeLovingWriter
      Editing a comment
      If I had answers to those questions in this moment - this would have been an entirely different poem! Thanks Suz-zen, for engaging this. Since it seems like it would take a bit to explain, I sent you a PM. Many thanks for the look, and leaving some questions.

• Suz-zen
      Suz-zen commented
      Editing a comment
      I can relate to this poem more as i read it again!!

A unique an interesting structure that works exceedingly well, RLW, and the malaise is so well and poetically expressed it is palpable! This is a gem and feels like somewhat new territory for you!

Comment

• RhymeLovingWriter
      Editing a comment
      I guess, in some ways, it is new territory MHenry. Thank you so much for the kind observations and giving it a like. I appreciate it.

I have seen that face and know that life. RLW Thank you

Comment

• RhymeLovingWriter
      Editing a comment
      You are welcome TS. Thank you - for affirming that this has some meaning - it was not an easy write.

A stratigraphy of seven eight-syllable lines vertically skewered by a thin six-part shaft - like the layers of a buried town. The structure alone commands attention, and the lines themselves seem to chart descent into a personal underworld of frustrated creativity. Very impressive, Rhymist.

Comment

• RhymeLovingWriter
      Editing a comment
      I'd say you 'skewered' an explanation - as you so often do - defining the impetus behind this piece. Thankfully, creativity lamps seem to be glowing a bit brighter with a new day. Thank you for the look and comment Grant.

• Suz-zen
      Suz-zen commented
      Editing a comment
      ooo oo oooo ! grant hayes !! another great new word after another great poem! 'stratigraphy' Say that aloud RLW a few times! it is a tempting one to try to work into a sentence soon!!
      Layers of a buried town! Yes. That was what I could not readily see. And tonight I see a mine shaft. RhymeLovingWriter !! you keep me coming back to this one.

Hello RhymeLovingWriter, There is something so uncomfortable about, 'each spare page', a cold nakedness, without hope, leaf after leaf of nothingness, all flipping into inevitable afterword of life. A powerfully intense piece.

Comment

• RhymeLovingWriter
      Editing a comment
      Thanks TG - uncomfortable it was. But I wrote through it - with some encouragement from Suz-zen (many thanks) and will continue on today! Thanks for the look, like, and comment!

The sparse nature of the form creates intensityso that it communicates feeling. An inteligent write

Comment

• RhymeLovingWriter
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Jon - I like the sound of that!
Working...
X