Send all your mind benders
    To have me figured out
    We will be all
    Long gone
    Before that
    Comes about

RDS
    THE SECOND

Searing write, the second, seething with challenge.

Comment

The gladiators circle each other, neither yielding to the threat of the other. When the taunting is done, the swords will clash! Nicely done, Ts!

Comment

Oh my...this does feel a bit like a gauntlet being thrown...but in whose direction exactly?

Comment

• The second
          The second commented
          Editing a comment
          This poem is inspired by my X wife. Although we have been divorced nearly twenty years she still finds a ways to get under my skin this time of year. Especially with our daughter. Anyway we had a bitter custody battle that lasted over two years. It ended in joint parenting arrangements. But I was relentless in achieving that! There's so much more I could say more but will stop hear. Thank You!!!!! Have a wonderful Thanks Giving !!!!!

• RhymeLovingWriter
          RhymeLovingWriter commented
          Editing a comment
          You too TS - I'm sorry. That's hard - and holiday times don't make it easier.

Thank You all Great poets,

Comment

Quite a struggle, and quite the strength to fight it. Well written, The second. Sorry for what it is wrapped around.

Comment

Thank You M, Many battles within a war that I sort of won. No one really wins in that kind of war!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or any war for that mater.

Comment

your writing bears out the intensity of the struggle. I think anyone fighting a battle will respond to this!

Comment

Thank You LG

Comment

Working...
                X