Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Folly

(deleted)
    Last edited by Pyro; 06-29-2018, 07:26 AM. Reason: I'm a Fool for poetry ;) https://www.munsterlit.ie/Fool%20for%20Poetry.html

I love the idea of Folly personified pyro - much more relate-able, although she does seem a bit overbearing in this particular verse - especially in downing you liquor and gobbling your biscuits!

Comment

Folly is the name of my liquor as well

Comment

Sweet! Thanks RhymeLovingWriter & docstorm
        She and I, we share our goodies now...

Comment

Ah, the praise of folly - a new Erasmus!

Comment

• Pyro
            Pyro commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Grant! She should be praised more often, I believe.
            The strict sense of sanity is rather boring anyway...

Most of the taken-for-granted stuff that makes life safer, longer, and easier is boring. I think boring is much underrated.

Perhaps one could write an ode to boring things.

Comment

• Pyro
            Pyro commented
            Editing a comment

You're right, I didn't mean to insult boring being understood as reasonable, safe or 'normal'.
            On the contrary. I think my own folly touches its essence; the 'sane', 'normal' world around me refuses to see the wonders of the small things in life and mocks the mere idea of wasting precious time writing about them. Most peope I know find poetry boring. I think boring is only underrated at times when it doesn't take the beauty of life for granted...
            And 'normal' is quite an empty word anyway. In my universe the only sane thing to do would be to embrace one's own madness (I'm sure it's universal) and the folly of life in general, in all its extremities, from the wild side to the good side of boring, and to wander through it's wonders (even the tiny ones) with an absolute delight...

Perhaps one should write an ode indeed.

• grant hayes
            grant hayes commented
            Editing a comment
            Seeing the wonders in the small things of life - yes, the worlds within worlds. I suppose writing about them is a way of paying attention, and respect.

Your reflection on folly is delightful, Pyro.

In Praise of Functional Sewerage

Comment

Folly is a funny word if oft-repeated. I am generally too serious to be follicle, but I've been known follicize upon occasion. A very follicacious write, Pyro!

Comment

• Pyro
              Pyro commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks!
              In Praise of Funky Follicles and Funny Folly-cle's (*)
              (*CLE: Controversial Loop Ensemble: an unconscious collection of fragmental imaginary loops which models user interfaces in the multi-dimensional movements of the Zone)
          Working...
          X