See the souls behind the faces
    they were not meant to hide
    On the outside only traces
    This beauty cannot be denied

See the souls behind the faces
    follow your spirit who guides
    In the end your soul replaces
    when your beautiful body dies

The ability to see the Truth of What we Are beyond the meaningless form is crucial to our happiness. It is impossible to see the form and not to judge in some way. But when we see the "souls behind the faces" - what judgement could we hold, but pure love?

Thank you for this beautiful piece!

Comment

Bobby, I thought from the title that this was going to be another of your more humorous, fanciful romps through a real-estate jungle - but NO - you've taken a whole new - and beautiful - angle with this! This is a wonderful, but deep, take on the old adage 'don't judge a book by its cover' and other such sayings, that urge us to look beyond externals. I love it! Only a generous spirit could write such graced poetry - thank you!

Comment

AnatoliyS since you joined The Zone you've been a magnet for spirit. This is no exception. I appreciate you and glad to know you

Comment

RhymeLovingWriter lol, didn't mean to play with your expectations. I saw this love shack on many levels. You are an artist at feeling and commenting. We 're all thankful to have you in The Zone!

Comment

capturing the concept of a soul is no mean feat but you have discribed its essence well done

Comment

Parkinsonspoet thank you for your empowering comment. I want to live my life moving forward from the soul as often as possible without earthly worries and distractions.

Comment

Very gracious, insightful, and well wrought, Bobby. Kudos!

Comment

Thank you Grant!

Comment

Reminiscent of Beauty and the Beast, the Hunchback of Notre Dame, and Elmer Fudd. These people carry their beauty within, but it takes those with their own internal beauty to see it. Nice write, Bobby!

Comment

this is certainly among the best poems that I've read.
                      uplifting. inspiring and true.

Comment

lunar glide , the highest honor coming from you. Thank you and Happy New Year!

Comment

Working...
                        X