Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Up Nawarra Way

Deleted
    Last edited by grant hayes; 01-14-2017, 11:40 AM.

This is not your first conversational piece, Grant, Sensei, but it is new territory for you, for sure. Like old Jack, this piece could make one laugh and cry, were the facts on which it is based not so true and onerous, and the people on which it is based, not so horrifying and inhuman.

Comment

• RhymeLovingWriter
      RhymeLovingWriter commented
      Editing a comment
      MHenry - what do you mean by 'conversational piece'? A poem which gets discussion going?

• MHenry
      MHenry commented
      Editing a comment
      I hope I didn't proffer a misnomer, but I mean that people are speaking to each other in the poem as in a conversation.

• RhymeLovingWriter
      RhymeLovingWriter commented
      Editing a comment
      I didn't know that - thanks.

indigenous species at risk, I love a good story poem.

Comment

A vote of confidence Grant: I knew you didn't hold the same venom in your heart that Ole Jack did. What an important write this is on many levels. One day this will fall on the ears of those who need to feel it most, the ole Jacks in this world and maybe the boys didn't finish the job because they had some semblance of a heart.

Comment

A disturbing piece, a story well told, but understandably difficult to read. Makes us face the issues we would have preferred buried deep in the unconscious. And buried there, the issues would eat into us, deeper and bloodier, day after day. I'd rather have these issue out here in the open, where they can be dealt with, so thank you for sharing this difficult, very well written poem.

Comment

Sometimes we have to face the world as it is we feel discomfort because you tell it so well

Comment

Hello grant, the casual narrative is so frightening, cold even, as if discussing the methods of eradicating vermin. The banality of racism a mix with humour and great tales of yore - over the cliff en mass as we rid the land of myxomatosis, as it were. Powerful story telling founded in gut-wrenching poetry. Well done indeed. Regards, Tony.

Comment

A sickening truth of how we used to think we were better than our darker skinned bretheren. A story/narrative well told, but still very disturbing. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

A different stream for you, grant. It's like a poem influenced by DWAYNE with a down-under and hayesian flavo(u)r, though sadly it is just an international storyline. Well done.

Comment

Working...
                X