Your great escape
    Your fixation

Constructed lies
    To believe in
    A sense of reality
    Destroyed from within

Avoid the signal
    Television kills.

I'd agree Bryn89 that overuse of the 'boob tube' yields poor return. I also think, if used judiciously (i.e. limited, scheduled, intentional viewing), it is a tool like any other. As long as you know what you're getting and take that into consideration while watching. This is a great sermonizing poem to raise awareness. Nicely done.

Comment

Nice tight rhyme, Bry89.

Comment

• Bry89
        Bry89 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you ^_^

An admonition that would resonate much in decades past, Bry89, but now the little screen has become larger and its content more delicious. I think the new devil screen is the smartphone screen with more intrusive advertisements than even the heartless greeds of networks and channels dared serve!

Comment

Originally posted by MHenry View Post
        I think the new devil screen is the smartphone screen with more intrusive advertisements than even the heartless greeds of networks and channels dared serve!
        Funny that you say that, because I've written something relating to that just recently D: May post it soon. Just keep your eyes peeled.

Comment

The most important, most crucial, life-changing decision I have ever made in my life, was to stop watching any TV when I was 17. 12 years later, I cannot believe how much my life has changed for the better.

Yes, just like RLW says, it is a tool that can be used consciously, but how rare it is not to succumb into it so much that it becomes a destructive addiction!

Thank you for this, Bry89, and yes, please post your "smartphone ode" as well.

Comment

Originally posted by AnatoliyS View Post
            Thank you for this, Bry89, and yes, please post your "smartphone ode" as well.
            You're very welcome, but mine is actually on the subject of advertising, as what MHenry mentioned was probably referencing to. I do have other pieces to share to do with technology though, that I may share sometime soon.

Comment

Working...
            X