I have my own sashay

Let go
    of what is lingering
    Embrace
    what still may be –
    our new day breaks…our new hope dawns
    Let’s not be pawns

Of yesterday

Hello RhymeLovingWriter, let there be no duplicity in love only that between those lovers of the moment, unique the twain in passion's embrace, a singular love in all and in the one. A delicately composed verse aired in wisdom and empathy - just beautiful. Regards, Tony.

Comment

• RhymeLovingWriter
      RhymeLovingWriter commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Tony for taking a look and leaving a like and such a nice comment!

Beautiful!

Let go
    of what is lingering
    Embrace
    what still may be –

Comment

Many LIKES!!! LOVE the Title!

It all works for me RhymeLovingWriter
    ..... not here
    to live someone else’s dream
    nor wear her shoes…nor walk her way
    I have my own sashay

Comment

• Suz-zen
      Suz-zen commented
      Editing a comment
      hahah! I like to think i have my own unique sashay! And i like that word A LOT!! Just read this again.,,,i have not been in a poetry zone room for a bit... time passes and i can sometimes not even be aware of it w/ my head somewhere else...enjoyed what I found upon my return.

• RhymeLovingWriter
      Editing a comment
      It is very good to see your name in the queue. Some that were regulars when I joined are busy elsewhere also. It's interesting to me...I've never actually 'met' any of you, except through poetry, but when I see a familiar name - it makes me happy - as if running into an old friend!

• Suz-zen
      Suz-zen commented
      Editing a comment
      I feel the same way! We are old friends... know one another at a deeper level than most. Especially those of us that may be closeted writers.

Thanks Bison - for the look and like on this one too!

Comment

Again I say Hello RLW, Somehow I read your sashay as genuine and confident but I do feel that many others out there get their sashay from carrying around that cliche. (old baggage) Sorry to say I do from time to time I have to get out the pull behind hurry to the airport and fly

Comment

• RhymeLovingWriter
        Editing a comment
        It is meant to be confident TS - in a good way. Although I am not always confident, so don't know that I have a particular style myself! I thank you for the comment and taking time to read and engage!

sashay and pawns of yesterday are the parts that got me the most. i really think this poem is outstanding!

Comment

• RhymeLovingWriter
        Editing a comment
        Oh thank you LG! I'm so glad you found it so! Thank you for taking a look and then letting me know!

• RhymeLovingWriter
        Editing a comment
        Are you ready for the super moon on Monday?

i know i will write something Sunday night

Comment

Clear, strong, charming, simple ... zesta!

Comment

• RhymeLovingWriter
          Editing a comment
          Many thanks again Maestro! For the look, like, and comment!

This great little poem reminds me of one of my favorite Dylan songs, Take Me As I Am (or Let Me Go).

If you don't know it, you should go listen!

Your inspired line I have my own sashay is absolutely delightful and is worth the price of admission!

Comment

• RhymeLovingWriter
          Editing a comment
          Well, I don't know if I know that one MHenry - I'm going to check it out now - thanks! I love that you like that line. Thanks for the look, like, and tip on the song!

RhymeLovingWriter , I love how you sashay what you mean. To the point no messin around

Comment

• RhymeLovingWriter
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Bobby. I'm going to have to work on my strut now - since I've claimed the sashay in this poem!

RhymeLovingWriter sashay away!

Comment

Working...
        X