The play of clay, the act exhumed,

debate the pate, its humour ruined.

What yield revealed out of the mud?

A theft bereft of flesh and blood.

Beguile, let rile the shout, the roar,

how oft’ aloft the passions soar.

When held, beheld poor Yorick’s head;

who would, e’en could, alive yet dead?

Pure genius! Perfect form through, amazing rhymes following AABB pattern – but then each line is rhyming by itself! One of the best poems I have ever read.

To be or be to be forgot
    Poor Yorick!

Comment

I agree with AS. I love the rhyming...it is right up my style alley. The tale turned is wonderful too! Welcome to the Rhymezone TonyG!

Comment

Hello Antoliy S, such praise, I must crack open a bottle of something and fire up a good cigar. You are too kind, too kind indeed, nevertheless I do thank you so very much for your reading of and responding to my pome. Most kind of you. All the best, Tony.

Comment

Hello RhymeLovingWriter, So very nice of you to welcome me to this site and I do thank you so very much for your lovely response. 'Tis very special and most appreciated. Do take care, Tony.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Grannell View Post
            Hello Antoliy S, such praise, I must crack open a bottle of something and fire up a good cigar. You are too kind, too kind indeed, nevertheless I do thank you so very much for your reading of and responding to my pome. Most kind of you. All the best, Tony.
            I am still re-reading your beautiful poem and enjoying it more each time. Obviously all have different tastes, different styles – for me, this particular poem is standing right next to the best Shakespearean sonnets – mature critics could disagree, but I could care less – that's how it feels! Thank you once again for sharing your work here!

Comment

Excellent, in rhyme, meter, and diction!

Comment

This is quite enjoyable. The play off of ''Hamlet'' (alas!), the interplay of the rhyme (''From birth to earth to wane and rot, to be or be to be forgot?''). I enjoy reading this each time I look t it. Well done!

Comment

Hello Dwayne, I do thank you so very much for reading and responding to my poem. You are most kind indeed. All the best to you, Tony.

Comment

Hello Muttado 1sb, that you enjoyed it so, finds me honoured and your response, finds me most appreciative. truly. Thank you very much. Regards, Tony.

Comment

I spent 30 minutes scanning through the last 20 pages on RhymeZone to find and read this poem again. The first poem you have posted, Tony Grannell , and the one I loved from the first sight. I think it more than deserves to be brought back to the first page – it is too good to be missed!

Comment

• RhymeLovingWriter
                        RhymeLovingWriter commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Just an FYI AnatoliyS - and anyone else. If you like a particular poem or poet, you can do an 'advanced search' on their work. Click the down arrow near the right side of the search bar (near the top right side of each page). It will give you a drop down menu with the option "advanced search'. Click on that and a new window will open. Fill in as much of the information you remember and it should take you right there. If you don't know the title, you should still be able to get to the poet's work. It might save you some time in the future.

One further note - if you don't know the poem's title, put the poet's name in the 'members" slot and check the box on the right titled 'started posts only'. Otherwise you'll get all of their posts to include comments.
                        Last edited by RhymeLovingWriter; 02-14-2017, 08:07 PM.

• AnatoliyS
                        AnatoliyS commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thank you RLW, this is a great advice!

You are rhymer sublime, Tony. What a treat this is to read, speak, and ponder - a wonder. Salutes galore!

Comment

• Tony Grannell
                        Tony Grannell commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Hello grant, Thank you very much for your salutes, wonderful. Regards, Tony.
                    Working...
                    X