Breathe Deep

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breathe Deep

Inspired by Tanner's beautiful "Here" (in turn inspired by Suz-zen's sublime "Sweet, Sweet Salo"). Thank you, friends, for taking me out of comfort zone and inspiring something new to flow out.

Breathe deep – inhale,
    The thoughts will wait – succumbed
    Into eternity – so frail,
    Your very essence is – unbound.

Breathe deep – with eyes
    Wide shut – no need to look.
    Breathe deep – anxiety dies
    You need but breath on path you took.

Breathe brave – the grave
    Will wait – you’re here now,
    So breathe! – and crave
    This breath, like it’s the last – allow –

The breath to be, the mind to cease
    To speak, to think – the eyes
    To cease to see – but breathe!
    Allow the peaceful breath – to rise.

oh my goodness. this was like a few seconds of peace for my soul. thank you!

Comment

Oh yes Nthint! Again the zone works its magic among the poets gathered here - and a second beautiful creation comes forth from Suz-zen's inspiring tribute to her friend. Your repetition of the word breathe/breath unifies the stanzas and weaves a thread from top to bottom. My favorite phrase in this is 'the grave will wait -- you're here now'. To be 'where we are' in the moment is the most magical way to live after all. Nicely done!

Comment

OMG, Nthint! - Just beautiful! Let the contagion of inspired creativity continue among us!!!!!!!. You took two lines from "Here" and created an enduring masterpiece.. RLW is spot on, I also love "Breathe brave - the grave will wait - you're here now" I love how you tied it all together in the last stanza. I am off to bed with your lines in my head. Thank you.

Comment

Mhint A slice of calm . A great poem-I love the structure it works so well

Comment

Thank you for your kind comments, friends! When it flows - you'd better just let it flow. Stop the incessantly thinking monkey-brain, and let the inspiration do its magic.
            Last edited by AnatoliyS; 11-01-2016, 04:36 PM. Reason: Typos

Comment

It flows alright! Excellent!

Comment

Your on a spiritual path Anatoly. Thanks for allowing us to come along for the ride....

Comment

this is a gift...... i am taking deep breaths as i read ..... all wonderful comments above that i echo!

Comment

Nothing I can add to what has already been said except Wow!

Comment

Thank you for your comments!

DWAYNE – the flow came naturally, I would never be able to think it out and create it through logical reasoning.
                      Bobby Del Boy – I have started writing poetry about 4 months ago in order to practice spirituality, I am glad it shows.
                      Suz-zen – the gift is your comment! Let's all breathe together as one – then we would instantly know God.
                      Muttado1sb – thank you for your kind words!

I take not the praise, but I do give my gratitude – "Of myself I can do nothing".

Comment

A breath of poetic enlightenment, overwhelming in its beauty, artistically woven in truth, wonder and sublimity. Each verse a sigh of wisdom and the poem in all, masterly achieved with a rare flair. Very well done indeed. A pleasure to read. Do take care, Tony.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Grannell View Post
                          A breath of poetic enlightenment, overwhelming in its beauty, artistically woven in truth, wonder and sublimity. Each verse a sigh of wisdom and the poem in all, masterly achieved with a rare flair. Very well done indeed. A pleasure to read. Do take care, Tony.
                          Thank you for such a beautiful comment Tony! Your prose comments are like poems to me, you have a great skill with words in any literary form!

A breath of poetic enlightenment,
                          Overwhelming in its beauty,
                          Artistically woven in truth,
                          Wonder and sublimity.
                          Isn't it beautiful, just by itself?

Comment

Working...
                          X