Moving forward the path made clear
    no longer saddened by resentment and fear
    The courage and humility it takes to forgive
    allows both the spirit and God to live

Within our hearts and within our minds
    joy and happiness with sadness left behind
    At the end of the day all that really matters
    two souls resurrected, their lives no longer shattered
    Last edited by Bobby Del Boy; 08-30-2016, 03:35 PM.

If only, forgetting seems to be the hardest part.

Comment

Forgiving does free the person who forgives. Lovely Bobby.

Comment

divot not easy, no.......

Comment

AlexandratheLate , that is one component that gets lost on some. Thanks for reading and commenting.

Comment

Speaking the truth in love Bobby...courage and humility requisite for that too. Thank you.

Comment

I think if you could find a photo of a bird being released in flight it would be how I felt reading this.

Comment

RhymeLovingWriter we've got our lives in front of us to master those qualities. I m constantly aware and working on it.

Comment

lunar glide a wonderful thought image and comment. Thank you for blessing this page

Comment

You're right Bobby. Forgiveness really is about letting go, not condoning the injury.

Comment

Very pure in concept, theme, and structure, Bobby, and skilfully metered. I salute your irrepressible sanguinity!

Comment

This is a beautiful, bright, hopeful poem. It captures the positive effects of one of the hardest disciplines of humility. Many of us will spend our entire lives searching for that nirvana. Many of us still will not find it. I wish everyone luck on that very human journey.

Good read!

Comment

Your verse is very thoughtful and honest. I believe that forgiveness starts with self. Self forgiveness is perhaps the hardest forgiveness to give. I also believe that forgetting is not part of forgiveness. Forgiveness is perhaps the act of being ok with what we know and not letting that knowledge control our lives. It is a moving forward from what was to what may be. Forgiving does not necessarily mean that we want or need to participate in the lives of the forgiven. We have released the burden that weighed us down and can then move on. The onus then falls upon the forgiven to accept and forgive themselves so that they too can move forward.
                          Lovely verse. It stimulated much thought. Thank you.

Comment

grant hayes
                            CeramicCornflake
                            rhymetime , your analysis and comments are amazingly encouraging and I just really appreciate you all. Thanks for your insight and your talent.....

Comment

Great sentiment and great rhyming but I have a question for you. You have rhymed matters with shattered at the end. This is only noticeable to me because it is the last line and I wonder if there was a reason you didn't use mattered and shattered which have the benefit of rhyming cleanly and being same tense. I have a short poem called To forgive and a reminder of the sentiment here has inspired me to finish. Thankyou

Comment

• RhymeLovingWriter
                                RhymeLovingWriter commented
                                Editing a comment
                                That's an interesting question Pp. I know strict rhyme isn't required - and some here in the zone are masters and mistresses of slant rhyme - but this tendency sometimes stalls me too since I tend to utilize a strict structure. Will be interested to know what Bobby thinks.

• Parkinsonspoet
                                Parkinsonspoet commented
                                Editing a comment
                                rlw I always use strict if available but that is my choice you are quite right Bobby may have deliberately chosen slant
                            Working...
                            X