False teeth and zimmer frame
    Frail dignified all the same
    Old but not forgotten
    Sometimes my memory is rotten
    Catheter and Colostemy
    Some functions are lost to me
    Lonely but reasions to live
    Pleasure my grandchildren give

And the grandchildren care nothing about all of the above. That's what makes them and us Grand! A Grand rendition of growing Older PP.

Comment

I'm still working on the graceful part ParkinsonsPoet. Thank you, and you too Bobby for your comment, I need to be reminded sometimes.

Comment

RhymeLovingWriter, I'm sure PP will agree. You are the Grand Poetess!

Comment

RLW what can it mean, Really lovely women come clean, You are a poet of some talent and your poems you invent, keep my attention , so I thought would mention and had to confess , you are my Grand Poetess..... RhymeLovingWriter

Comment

• RhymeLovingWriter
            RhymeLovingWriter commented
            Editing a comment
            I blush at such undeserved praise (and secretly lap up every syllable). No, I don't think I'm so outstanding, especially considering this lot of poets in the zone. But I DO love what I'm doing, and the learning of new things excites my life and gives me motivation to do more. But I thank you, none-the-less, for the kindness both of you speak, because it warms my heart and makes me smile.

• Parkinsonspoet
            Parkinsonspoet commented
            Editing a comment
            It is the honesty, warmth and kindness but also and not least the enthusiasm that makes you special. There are better technical poets than either of us but how many of them make as many people smile?

Protagonist doesn't seem to be aging quite so gracefully, but at least sees the light in living.

Comment

• Parkinsonspoet
            Parkinsonspoet commented
            Editing a comment
            The grace is a state of mind here not the physical-the title was supposed to provide a little irony

• BiocideJ
            BiocideJ commented
            Editing a comment
            That it does.

Children make you old, grandchildren make you happy.
          Pithy observations told with humor and wit, as always, Pp.

Comment

• Parkinsonspoet
            Parkinsonspoet commented
            Editing a comment
            I regret to say that to most children we are old MHenry. Thank you for kind words.
            Ps have you been watching the Olympics-there have been episodes of unadulterated pride as grandparents watched their grandchildren

• MHenry
            MHenry commented
            Editing a comment
            I haven't watched the Olympics, but I can picture those proud gray haired spectators!

• Parkinsonspoet
            Parkinsonspoet commented
            Editing a comment
            I have seen some gold medal worthy grandparent celebrations
        Working...
        X