In its rebellious nature
    Stands by itself endures
    Like a true pylon
    Beacon of steadfastness
    Waiting for light of dawn
    A new beginning
    The kindness of strangers
    To behold its words

I like this, Tanner. I am not the author, of course, but I like maligned in place of ill-spoken of.

Comment

MHenry, FYI, I am involved in some quasi-legal actions where the issue of slander and defamation of character is being vigorously pursued. I actually put "ill-spoken of" to be a quaintness to
      align with "behold the words" - I hear the lawyer speaking in you. My oldest son Graham is a corporate lawyer for a prestigious firm in Toronto. I have only the vaguest notion of what he does
      in reality. I also just consulted with one of the best lawyers in Toronto. Would you like to guess his hourly rate?

Comment

Rates vary from $250 to $850, or more, per hour in my neck of the woods, but I don't know rates in Toronto.
        I will guess at the high end.

Comment

You win a prize. $775 for an hour of talk after which the lawyer's client needs therapy and resuscitation.

Comment

Tanner, I can facilitate the need for therapy and resuscitation for free with one of my pomes. In a mere minute I can have you gasping for breath and hospitalised . Save time AND money!

Comment

I'm sorry for the troubles Tanner but I like this poem.

Comment

Me too Tanner I'm sorry for the troubles but I do like this poem.

Comment

Working...
                X