one jot or one tittle
    go write your clean verse
    pay close attention, dear sweethearts
    for it may be your first,
    to go the presses,
    your name evermore,
    on a piece that's pure nonsense,
    or gospel or curse.

I love this sweet little thing! The title is a fun bit of engagement, and the rest, despite it's light tone, gives very, very sage advice. Very nice Suz-zen. It made me smile....and think.

Comment

• Suz-zen
      Suz-zen commented
      Editing a comment
      thank you @RhymeLovingWriter... heard this saying yesterday on the radio... yes, it is a real saying... one jot or one tittle....from the Bible. And it made me think too....
      i kind of 'wrote' this in the car.....in my head... then this morning, Sunday morning 'Church' with my bless-ed coffee right here in my chair looking out the window after reading some Zen-stuff Rhyming!! Rare for Suz-zen!

The gem-cutter is at it again! The jot and tittle reference, the notion of 'clean verse' and then 'gospel or curse' at the end are the triangulation that makes this piece so light and strong. Wonderful poetic sensibility on display here, Suz-zen!

Comment

• Suz-zen
      Suz-zen commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh, gem -cutter! I like the sound of that ! Though this idea came quickly the execution took some time...Thank you!
      @grant-hayes!

This lighthearted piece works well, Suz-zen!

Comment

• Suz-zen
      Suz-zen commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi MHenry! Thank you... lighthearted is a good thing!

zensational jot or tittle needed a poem!

Comment

• Suz-zen
      Suz-zen commented
      Editing a comment
      thank you LG!!

Suz-zen, I did not know tittle. You have expanded my universe today. great love of the last line. Very Nice - light and deep in the same gem.

Comment

Jot - The smallest letter in the Alephbet: Iota in Greek - ι ; Yod in Hebrew - י

Tittle - Several letters, particularly in Hebrew look very much alike. For instance: בכ דרך ון םס but they have very different sounds--m and s; v (or o or u) and n; d, r and kh; b and kh... when someone, say a doctor or teacher, handwrites them they can be very, very hard to figure out what they were trying to write! ... and you can't figure out how often to take your medicine.

All that to say, the poem is spectacular! Who would want a poem published that is mispeled or missing something important just because they didn't take an extra ten minutes to make sure it perfect?

Comment

• Suz-zen
        Suz-zen commented
        Editing a comment
        good research @Merkavah!! i learned this while listening to Public Radio! Fascinating isn't it? thank you for the kind words!
    Working...
    X