out of difficulties brought upon
    sorry souls seeking love in low places
    undefined; choices sure to cause

a walk

on the wild side; married to
    confusion – all because I wanted

a word.

©RhymeLovingWriter 2016

Interesting RLW the word choices and the affects. Great job!

Comment

• RhymeLovingWriter
      RhymeLovingWriter commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you AG. Trying out new ideas.

this is great!!! a word a walk a way a wrinkle a way a walk
    all because I wanted

a word.
    a word!! YES!!
    Woven to carefully! MASTER-FULLLLLLY written RhymeLovingWriter You inspire me to write in new ways!! How did you come up with this one??

Comment

• RhymeLovingWriter
      Editing a comment
      Well, it's kind of along the same lines as Behavioral Analysis - a poem I posted a few days ago. In that one I had the phrase 'behave well' in my head, and then I thought of what kind of phrases we used the word 'well' in - well beyond, well within, well-kept, well enough, and I modeled the poem around that. In this one, three of the word phrases (a word, a walk, and a way) came to me and I did the same thing. I'm not sure how 'wrinkle' squirmed its way in there - except that it starts with 'w' and I liked the way it sounded. After I'd come up with the first three, adding one line for each new stanza, I decided to keep the 'wrinkle' in the middle and do a reverse (like a reverse nonet but on a much smaller scale and reusing the words I'd started with). Kind of like backing myself out of the poem. And lastly, because I often think like this - in rambling phrases rather than short, complete sentences, I wanted to keep the motion going by trying to make it one very long (probably completely grammatically incorrect) sentence! Thanks for the interest and your enthusiastic response Suz-zen!

• Suz-zen
      Suz-zen commented
      Editing a comment
      I was thinking reverse RLW original nonet with a wrinkle! I like the word wrinkle too!!
      You did it justice... thank you for the generous discussion! It is helpful to see how all of our minds work so differently on this creative process.

I am a sucker for palindromic poems. And this is highly symmetrical and still maintains a great flow which I fully appreciate how difficult that can be to achieve.

Comment

• RhymeLovingWriter
      Editing a comment
      Thanks BiocideJ. I haven't done too many this way, but when the occasion presents itself, I try to follow through. I like the flow too - because it 'sounds' very much like I think. Thanks for taking time to look and comment!

I like the unbroken flow of the wordstream; pause is given by the w-themed rubrics in their chiastic pattern. This kind of structural inventiveness is a pleasure to see. Kudos, Rhymist!

Comment

• Suz-zen
      Suz-zen commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree with grant and i too looked up chiastic! Great new word!!

• lunar glide
      lunar glide commented
      Editing a comment
      fyi merkavah posted a great introductory explanation to chiastic poetry. your enthusiasm for inventing is inspiring RLW

• RhymeLovingWriter
      Editing a comment
      Thank you LG - I must have missed that. I'm going to look for it now!

Note: I really have a very poor memory, don't I? I even replied to his explanation but had forgotten I'd done it! Apparently I need some work on retention skills.
      Last edited by RhymeLovingWriter; 08-08-2016, 10:29 AM.

This is an interesting experiment and very successful, RLW! You bend words to your will in new and pleasing ways!

Comment

• RhymeLovingWriter
      Editing a comment
      Thanks MHenry. Some are more pliable than others!

This wrinkly is wonderful! Many likes!

Comment

• RhymeLovingWriter
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Pyro. Glad you enjoyed it!
Working...
X