Ferns and other tendrils might
    Unfurl across the nascent world

Or like the grayish green light
    That swirls in the Pacific Ocean

During its self flagellation while
    He has seen that maelstrom now

He only dreams of the coming
    Day her colour soaks into him

Tanner this poem to her green-eyes hypnotizes!
    'Ferns and other tendrils might
    Unfurl across the nascent world'

Your last two lines are exquisite!

And i have just re-read :Or like the grayish green light
    That swirls in the Pacific Ocean

HECK!! just re-read the whole piece again.... with my green eyes
    Safe to say I love it!

Comment

Ode to a green-eyed goddess. I too have green eyes. Suz-zen and I can just pretend you wrote it for us, OK?

Comment

Suz-zen and RLW, comments from 2 lovely women, both with green eyes! How rare are green eyes? It must mean you are both exotic creatures, in the best sense of those words!
        Obviously, I think this poem can only "speak" to women with green eyes.

Comment

• Suz-zen
          Suz-zen commented
          Editing a comment
          From what I have read only 2% of the population are lucky enough to have Green Eyes!
          I think your poem certainly as RhymeLovingWriter said would be read by us green eyed women with a wish that we had inspired such words... and for me, after reading so many poems and lyrics about blue eyes and brown eyes i simply adore this! I guess it is a numbers games! So THANK YOU!

I am not the target audience, clearly, being a grey-eyed male, but this one leaves a mixed impression. The language is - mostly - beautiful, yet the images themselves bemusing, as indexes to desire. The turn toward scientistic phrasing in lines two and three I found jarring. Chlorophyll in murky pools? Proliferated? Yes, yes, world-crossing tendrils ensue, and they are lovely to behold, but the chlorophyll itself and its proliferation (in the context of desire for eyes) sounds clanging bells to this unscientistic unlady. Only women with green eyes, indeed.

Comment

• Suz-zen
          Suz-zen commented
          Editing a comment
          I too was taken aback by the 'Chlorophyll'.... then i did a quick images search for the word and up popped so many 'greens'! Murky pools spoke to me at a deeper level of emotion.... i always like to read your comments grant hayes How you interpret and engage with a poem is always valuable! thank you!

Quite lovely and creative, Tanner. I, too, have green eyes, but lack swollen breast and other female attributes. I may have come from the same murky green, but wound up on the other team!

Comment

• Suz-zen
          Suz-zen commented
          Editing a comment
          hahaha!!! another green-eyes beauty!! but of course MHenry!

Perhaps there is a correlation between green eyes and the inclination to create poems as proven by RZ poets who share this feature.

Comment

Grant, I suspect I need to be the dog house for some time, and contemplate my mishmash of images.

Comment

Working...
          X