Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lucifer (Mk II)

Deleted
    Last edited by grant hayes; 12-25-2017, 08:34 PM.

I have added punctuation, plus another thirteen lines depicting the 'hands' of the luciferan entity. These latter arose from an exchange of comments with the gracious and brilliant RhymeLovingWriter.

Comment

The image I have attached is my own work.

Comment

The fallen angel who made himself a god. I shy away from this topic because I do not want to honor him in any way but your writing is always challenging and intriguing - your mastery of the language and I particularly liked the exchange between you and RLW. Another exciting poem and your execution brilliant!!

Comment

Thank you for overcoming your scruples to comment, Alexandra. I appreciate it.

Comment

kudos to your fearless work!

Comment

• grant hayes
            grant hayes commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you, lunar glide.

'It indeed appear'd to Reason as if Desire was cast out; but the Devil's account is, that the Messiah fell, & formed a heaven of what he stole from the Abyss.
            Note. The reason Milton wrote in fetters when he wrote of Angels & God, and at liberty when of Devils & Hell, is because he was a true Poet and of the Devil's party without knowing it.'

— William Blake, The Marriage of Heaven and Hell (c.1790–93)

Wow! grant, Sensei! The poem is remarkable, as is all your poetry, putting words together in astonishing ways even the Creator and his evil twin could not have anticipated!

But I am further intrigued by the image you created, which appears as though it could have been created by a Renaissance master! How did you create this beautiful image, and what else can you show us of this other major talent of yours?

Comment

• grant hayes
            grant hayes commented
            Editing a comment
            I am no artist, nor poet, but I have turned out an interesting image or line from time to time...

This is one of several 'icons' that I made; sacred images of a non-canonical kind. Their genesis was stochastic. I made Rorschach-style images on butcher's paper using children's poster paints. Then, using my pareidoliac gaze, I examined the resulting splodges closely for interesting features. When I found these, I photographed them at high resolution to digitalise them, then shaped them with some basic image editing tools (not Photoshop - I restricted myself to unsophisticated tools in order to force myself to be more creative). The image you see here is one result of this process. The original green and yellow splodge from which I developed it is about the size of a postage stamp.
            Last edited by grant hayes; 07-29-2016, 07:38 PM.

These additions only enhance the prolific nature of the poem.

Comment

• grant hayes
            grant hayes commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you for revisiting, Qoheleth.

Grant, I see the Archangel Michael has his work cut out for him no thanks to you. Your collated images are brilliant, lush and thought-provoking. You painted the attached picture, or how was it composed? Have you been hiding other skills from us?

Comment

Tanner, I have given a precis of the icon-making above in the reply to MHenry. I have not hidden anything worth showing. I thought this particular image - almost automatic in its production - would suit the poem. Two fragments of my strange toil have found a home together. I am not a visual artist. I can draw a bit.

Comment

• lunar glide
              lunar glide commented
              Editing a comment
              but you also say you are not a poet 😛

• grant hayes
              grant hayes commented
              Editing a comment
              Maybe one day, lunar glide; but not yet. You are, on the other hand, most definitely a poet, right now.
          Working...
          X