Milk drips from the black
    moon. Drink compassion, small gnat;
    four sharp blades mar flight

oooh I love this one. 😄

Comment

• Suz-zen
      Suz-zen commented
      Editing a comment
      thanks lunar glide! I came up with this after chasing a gnat last night and contemplating my own (un) importance and attitude and the fleeting full moon with the milk of compassion seeming to drip white

So mysterious, Suz-zen, and so delightful! I suppose we humans are the gnats, but I killed three gnats and disappeared one last night, plus the one who died in my wine glass before I'd even taken a sip! I don't want to detract from the mystery of this fabulous haiku, but I don't think you can kill gnats in flight with a fork! Or, maybe the four sharp blades are of a helicopter? An electric fan? I've never counted blades...
    Last edited by MHenry; 07-22-2016, 09:48 AM.

Comment

• Suz-zen
      Suz-zen commented
      Editing a comment
      MHenry killing gnats w/ a fork! love it... add that to 'herding cats, shoveling fog'....the four blades are what I had heard is how you can tell the difference between a mosquito and a gnat bite .... and yes, we are the gnats when contemplating the stars and the moon. thank you for reading and the thoughts! always enjoy hearing what your mind conjures!

And perhaps, eat a slice of humble pie!

Well written.

Comment

• Suz-zen
      Suz-zen commented
      Editing a comment
      thank you DWAYNE yes!

I do like this Suz-zen. The way your words conjure up images in my mind.

Comment

I like this, Suz-zen. A reminder of our place in the cosmos. It also made me think of a scene from the ''Veggie Tales'' story ''Esther, the Girl Who Became Queen'' that I watched with my daughters (and enjoyed) when they were young, also reminding us of our place:

Haman (Mr. Lunt): We work in the same palace, but compared to me you are g-nat.
      Mordecai (Pa Grape): Uh, the 'g' is silent. It's 'gnat.'
      Haman (Mr. Lunt): Are you calling ME a g-nat?
      Mordecai (Pa Grape): No! Just correcting your pronunciation.
      Haman (Mr. Lunt): [shouts] Are you calling me stupid?

Comment

• Suz-zen
        Suz-zen commented
        Editing a comment
        thank you for sharing this @Muttado 1sb. i was not familiar with it and find it lovely!! The last line by Haman made me laugh!!
    Working...
    X