Saving The Best For Last -- Hope you enjoy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saving The Best For Last -- Hope you enjoy

First, let me say that if anyone is offended by this, my last post to this site, you have my apologies, even though I meant to offend.

I'd like to teach the world to sing in perfect harmony.
    I'd like to take a big-rig truck and slaughter eighty three.
    I march on in with all my bros, pissing on every tree.
    A citizen of the world I be, I'm here by right you see.

You silly French, you dopy Krauts, you foppish English dogs
    Your constitutions mean as much to me a frog shit found in bogs!
    But you should have no fear of me, I'll never eat your hogs;
    Though give the Profit (peace be upon him) your smart mouth you'll find your heads on logs.

I'd like to have my neighborhoods where your police can't go.
    You thought perhaps this was your land but soon you'll come to know
    You owe me my existence, your vote is but a show,
    I have your politicians and your only just Joe Blow.

I'd like to catch a soldier and hack him up with knives,
    Then stand around in his blood before your kids and wives.
    I'd like a trial civil, where your western law survives,—
    Call you all white racists, you'll love my jeers and jives.

I'd like to teach the world to sing in perfect harmony.
    I've come from northern Africa across that middle sea.
    I'll hang around a little while, to see what I might see,
    And laugh to think what'd happen, you pull this crap in my country.

This is well-written, John. I am sorry to see you leave over words.
    Last edited by MHenry; 07-15-2016, 07:04 PM.

Comment

• John Wertz
      John Wertz commented
      Editing a comment
      Somehow I thought you might like this one MHenry. Even if you disagreed with the content you would like the smart ass attitude. Happy writing!

No...no...just please John - don't go.

Comment

the world has gone mad but your poetry is wonderful john!

Comment

As MHenry says leaving over words but we are people that us words and know their power.I am an Englishman and I am sad to say the referendum result was seen by some as a validation of their views. I can see why Raoul wrote as he did. We talk of freedom of speech sometimes and its benefits are hidden but all the separate points of view in the recent discussions deserve to be heard. Separate events are being gathered together under a banner of racism.All are valid issues that need addressing. There is so much to put right in the world can all here show the example the world needs. DWAYNE @Raoul D'Harmental
        Last edited by Parkinsonspoet; 07-16-2016, 03:57 AM.

Comment

It wounds my heart to know that we humans must be so cruel to each other, and that this cruelty has instigated a separation of friends. But, yet, we also must know that these words we use to bring each other down and to belittle others of different views are indeed the same words we use to do the opposite, just organized differently. We must use words, the most sacred of things, not to hate but to love, to bring up, and to bound. If my heart is to break with the knowledge that people are cruel, it must also then be mended back together with the knowledge that we are capable of compassion and love. Farewell to those leaving, though I wish you wouldn't. This world needs people who aren't afraid to say what is right. We mustn't ignore the problem. In the end, the only way to fix it is to face it.

Comment

• John Wertz
            John Wertz commented
            Editing a comment
            Though I regret the ugly tone of this writing, I stand by its meaning. I believe people have a right to exist as individual cultures. In my view many of these horrible outcomes are the result a failing to recognize that. It is not a lack of good will. that is always in short supply, it is a lack of good judgement. Thanks for your thoughts on these issues..

• Darthvader
            Darthvader commented
            Editing a comment
            I agree with your thoughts, though not your decision to express them. Some thoughts are better left unsaid. Especially if they may offend others, though I commend your efforts in expressing your feelings.

speak softly but carry a big stick, I always hated that song "Feelings".

Comment

• John Wertz
            John Wertz commented
            Editing a comment
            Not exactly sure how to take this divot. "Feelings" yes, hollow and meaningless. How did you like the golf yesterday, by the way?

Having just arrived 'back' today, I haven't seen the content behind this flare up, but I can guess. Damn! John, Sumyanna, I've loved reading your shares; you've both been mainstays. Please consider coming back.

Comment

• John Wertz
            John Wertz commented
            Editing a comment
            Sumyanna is such a beautiful spirit. Too bad she writes for such an ugly world. Recently read Michel Houellebecq's "Submission" the nastiest thing I think I have ever read. It faces the issues much more honestly than I could ever do. I am sure I will not post any of my stuff anymore: it all steams pretty trivial, but hope to look in from times to time to see what people are doing. Your are a great on line friend, Grant, and one of the smartest guys I've ever been in contact with. Your writing is way out there and I know will meet with great success. For now I'm heading for Maine too cool off my body and mind.

• grant hayes
            grant hayes commented
            Editing a comment
            Rest you, John, in Maine. May the summer be fine. I read Houellebecq's Atomised years ago, and it was pretty devastating. Nasty, yes, yet saying things that need to be faced squarely.

I hear where you're coming from, and I wish you what peace may be had in these preposterous times.

Should you venture back here, I will be glad to see it! Pax!
        Working...
        X