to explain
    unexplainable mistakes
    like humans
    who are a sin either way
    both
    in commission
    or omission
    and why god likewise deserves grace.

We indeed are a sin but your poem should reduce the numof Hail Marys you need to do

Comment

• lunar glide
      lunar glide commented
      Editing a comment
      lol. you are too much!

• Parkinsonspoet
      Parkinsonspoet commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree I am too much. I am more of a man than I have ever been as the scales tell me. I will be doing hail bellys

Amen

Comment

• lunar glide
      lunar glide commented
      Editing a comment
      thanks for reading and commenting

God: 'Whew! seven days. that was tough'!
    Billions of years later...
    God: 'Oh, my God, what a mess I created! I wash my hands of this. See ya! Wouldn't wanna be ya.'

Comment

• lunar glide
      lunar glide commented
      Editing a comment
      thank you for the visit! I'm honored that you read . dont know what possessed me to post this mistake. but thank you kindly for commenting

• MHenry
      MHenry commented
      Editing a comment
      Even if you just post to see how other people react to a piece, that is information you can use in the future. so, post away, lg!

• lunar glide
      lunar glide commented
      Editing a comment
      thanks for the encouragement! my usual inclination is to cover my mouth before speaking of god even rhetorically.

God- big God or small - is a mirror. We are the reflection

Comment

• lunar glide
      lunar glide commented
      Editing a comment
      thanks for reading and commenting. I think ill try to stick to happier subjects from now on. grateful you took time to read 😄

Great Book? Conversations with God by Neal Donald Walsh. Will squash many misconceptions about God. The latest in a series is called "you've got me all wrong" I highly recommend!

Comment

• lunar glide
      lunar glide commented
      Editing a comment
      thanks so much for reading and for the reccomendation.

God deserving grace: now there's a fruitful notion. Well thought, Thoth!

Comment

• lunar glide
      lunar glide commented
      Editing a comment
      thank you for reading Grant

Intriguing.

Comment

A typical argument is that (1) Man created God to deal with the terror of the void and his finite life, or (2) to explain the Mysteries of the universe which from Cave Man to Modern Man remain
      mostly explained; good biological, physics and cosmological scientists will tell you that the more we know, the more complex the universe is and, in fact, we can see no end downward outwards.

I think the most sane approach is to say that "No one knows what is going on" and that we should focus on our interactions in loving those close at hand, and others as time permits, and
      taking actions (including political voting for candidates interested in saving the planet). I and perhaps some others utilize poetry as a vehicle to confront the mystery of existence. I say,
      Write On!

Comment

• RhymeLovingWriter
        RhymeLovingWriter commented
        Editing a comment
        'We should focus on our interactions with loving those close at hand, and others as time permits, and taking actions (...saving the planet).' This sounds suspiciously like part of what I've learned my God has said. We have more in common than in difference, it seems.

• lunar glide
        lunar glide commented
        Editing a comment
        thank you so much for reading. I do owe an apology for posting and I agree with your comments. My intent was not to be blasphemous but to write about the idea that who hasn't made a mysterious mistake in love?
        including maybe even our creator. Einstein's inquiry of whether god had a choice? the absurdity of ethics. the obsession with undeserved grace the flood and God's regret.. the idea we are in God's image..and on and on. the constant blow of our head against the wall. false freedom. western thinking.. paradise lost.. the hypocrite higher calling to rise. the ease of judging others the difficulty seeing ourselves. science that knows more about distant stars than our plannet. the desire for heaven while we destroy each other and our home. .. we cannot take care of our proverbial foostool but dream of entrance to an unimaginable palace ... enough!!! I lost my way. please dont let words I shouldn't have posted affect the beauty of your hearts and poems RLW and Tanner.
        Last edited by lunar glide; 07-13-2016, 08:05 AM.

RLW, your point is well taken. My problem is that when I look at the chaos in the world; much of the misery is caused by True Believers (Fanatics) of the Muslim, Christian and Jewish faiths who have forgotten that they are all "people of the same Book" and in the name of their God are wrecking havoc on members of other faiths and cultures. We need more Humanity and less Religion.
      I believe it was Dietrich Bonhoeffer who understood Christ and Christianity best, when he talked of "costly Grace". We have lost touch with the God of Bonhoeffer as well as that of C.S. Lewis (Mere Christianity). Enough of Tanner's preaching! FYI, my grandfather was a travelling Methodist minister and my mother was a Nurse and missionary in China many many years ago.

Comment

• RhymeLovingWriter
        RhymeLovingWriter commented
        Editing a comment
        I'd have to agree again, Tanner, as in imperfect sinner myself, that it is the perversions of the teaching that cause many problems. Many a man or woman wants to be his/her own god - until each realizes his/her own limitations - then the cry to heaven for justice/mercy.- or denial of that possibility - sounds like a pretty good 'plan B'. I often wonder how those who've seen the worst that humanity can offer, and still hold faith, could be so strong. We call them saints in Catholic parlance, and the answer given is that they'd surrendered to a Higher Power to persevere and for strength. That doesn't seem like such a fanatical idea to me - difficult, yes. Fanatical - no. Thanks for engaging in dialogue Tanner!
    Working...
    X