• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• born

born sunny side up
    no runny yokes simply some
    dimples ten fingers

This has a hopeful and pleasant ring Suz-zen! I like it on this Sunday morning following brunch!
    Last edited by RhymeLovingWriter; 07-10-2016, 03:31 PM.

Comment

• Suz-zen
      Suz-zen commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks so much RLW! I felt very happy writing it!

A simple and appealing haiku! A happy haiku! Flows smooth like honey, Suz-zen!. Love it! A newborn, perhaps?

Comment

Thank you !! MHenry a newborn yes... me!
      My mother told me long ago that I was born 'sunny side up'...at the time i didn't know what that meant. Later i learned :'The posterior position (or occiput posterior position) means that the baby is faceup, or "sunny side up," instead of facedown, so the hardest part of the head rests near the lower back instead of the belly'
      She said when she saw me she saw a sleepy smile and dimples. A surprise i came out that way! this may explain a lot!

This morning I saw a T-shirt with a big yellow circle on it on a white background. It looked like an egg yoke to me & lo behold the T-shirt was called 'sunny side up' .. long way to go for 3 lines, eh?

Comment

• MHenry
        MHenry commented
        Editing a comment
        That's a very cute story, Suz-zen! Where were the dimples, upper cheeks or lower cheeks? Okay, I withdraw the question, your honor.
        I came out head first. I don't remember what I saw, but I'm sure it was not pretty!

Happy poem done over easy.

Comment

Pretty little haiku

Comment

• Suz-zen
        Suz-zen commented
        Editing a comment
        thank you grant hayes for reading and noticing... one of the rare little pretty ones from me.. i will open up to more.... somehow the 'less pretty' come more easily. damn this curious, always questioning mind of mine.
    Working...
    X