Oh, say you love me,
    Im so tired of fighting,
    Don't say you hate me,
    I'm sick of crying on the floor-
    Please don't lift a opened hand,
    We can just dance, drown down our favorite Brandy Brand,
    Knives, scars and tears sparkling-
    Say you love me.
    Last edited by One Wingless Angel; 07-09-2016, 08:10 AM.

starry nightly eyes! yes 😄

Comment

With repeated refrain - this resembles lyrics - have you perhaps set it to music too?

Comment

Good call, RLW, This does sound like a song, but a rough one! I like what you've done here, OWA, with the desperation drowned in drink and drugs and the more painful moments of lucid desperation!

Comment

I was thinking about setting this to music and writing songs like this, but its a work in progress being that my guitar broke recently. Thanks for the feedback! 💕

Comment

There is something in the demand of the way you worded this 'Say you love me' - as if option doesn't exist in desperation. Then, the addition of 'Oh' to begin stanzas 2 and 4 softens the demand into pleading. Interesting back and forth OWA.

Comment

I like this one a lot One Wingless Angel like my cohorts here i also heard this as lyrics... a lamentation...the Whiskey brandy ciggs open hand crying on the floor. what a picture you have painted. I was right there with the couple... hoping they would dance knowing that they could not. the final plea of say you love me broke my heart.

Comment

This is one of your very best, in my opinion, One Wingless Angel. The way it flows, the powerful contrasts, the imagery, all add up to a convincing portrayal of one side in a desperate codependency. I particularly like 'Drink till God says we're bad' - wow, great line.

Comment

Thank you all for the feedback~ I really appreciate it. I'll be posting some more soon. 💕

Comment

I agree with grant hayes, Wingless. This one was flawless! I've been so amazed by nearly everything you've wrote- and I sometimes find myself endlessly searching through the forums trying to find more of your poetry. Write more soon!

Comment

Working...
                    X