creature, leering, whatever
    it was, adhered to the
    notion that I was
    undoubtedly
    utterly
    mad, not
    it

Perhaps it's the tentacles from 'Strangulation',
    trying to write their own manifestation.

I can see this becoming a drama in several acts, MHenry, each one in a different form. Zesta!

Comment

• MHenry
      MHenry commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, grant Sensei. This was inspired by your wonderful poem 'message' with no thought of Strangulation. I almost ended the piece at 'it would not come off,' when I realized I wanted to try a reverse nonet with some mystery attached. Perhaps, the creature in this piece was crouched by the door in a doctor's office awaiting a straggling illard upon which to attach itself. Perhaps, it is the cure?

• grant hayes
      grant hayes commented
      Editing a comment
      Aha, so it was a sequel to Message, MHenry. That makes the read even more intriguing. And 'perhaps it is the cure'! Now that really bends my imagination into intricate pretzels! The mystery has definitely attached.

Whether it is what ails you, or, in fact, the cure, this is a well written poem!

Comment

• MHenry
      MHenry commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you ,Dwayne!

Ha! Ha! MHenry. If you (or it) are mad - then methinks I am in swimmingly good company!

Comment

• MHenry
      MHenry commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for indulging, RLW!

i love how you can play with words or structure like a magician. each wordplay is another magic trick from you.

Comment

• MHenry
      MHenry commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, lg, you are too kind!
Working...
X