My Apologies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Apologies

Last edited by Bison; 12-10-2016, 06:47 PM.

Oh Bison, this is humblingly beautiful. The art of sincere apology has been mostly lost. All that aside - it isn't too late - if you can't say it, you can always write it - and send it or save it for another day. You do it so well here in the zone - perhaps it would work for the situation you write here too.

Comment

• Bison
      Bison commented
      Editing a comment
      Actually, I wrote this because I was reading Hemingway's Nobel acceptance speech where he says, "It would be impossible for me to ask the Ambassador of my country to read a speech in which a writer said all of the things which are in his heart" and I realized that there will never be enough time to express and share all of the love we might feel for everyone. Thank you for the kindness, RLW. It is most appreciated.

• RhymeLovingWriter
      RhymeLovingWriter commented
      Editing a comment
      Why that makes it even more lovely Bison! I've never thought to write a poem about something I've read - although many things have touched me deeply. Inspiration for verse truly is everywhere, isn't it?

• Bison
      Bison commented
      Editing a comment
      It is, my friend. If we have but eyes and ears and thoughts of more. I should probably start citing sources.
      Last edited by Bison; 07-03-2016, 08:35 PM.

this is so touching!!!!!

Comment

Bison, this three string haiku is nothing short of brilliant! The sentiment is universal, and the poem is extremely well-crafted. It flows smoothly and with just the right touch of melancholy. I see shades of the great and inimitable Tanner's work in this piece.

Comment

Don't really know where to start when commenting on others but I know I like this

Comment

You may be forgiven your minor flaws, when your proficiencies are so poetically pronounced!

Comment

Bison was deeply touched by this poem. I thank you for sharing your inspiration... am familiar with Hemingway's Nobel acceptance speech and find your piece even more interesting on my second read after knowing this.

Comment

I have been thinking recently about mortality, and all the "things" left unsaid and undone. Your verse, for me, spoke to those thoughts. As a poet I feel some responsibility to try and communicate to someone else, anyone else the emotions and feelings of life from my humble point of view in the hope that they may gain a new insight or see their own insights articulated. As I read your references to Hemingway I wondered if perhaps he felt he had said all he could say or knew he had more to say but felt he had lost the will to say it. It is an empty nest syndrome of sorts. When you have devoted much of your life to words only to find that they have deserted you, leaving an empty cup that once overflowed. Enough of that.

All that to say- your verse brought those thoughts to my mind in a most eloquent way. Thank you

Comment

• Bison
                Bison commented
                Editing a comment
                Those are the types of deep well dwelling ideas that give rise to great poems. Explore them! Let the river of words flow forth. We can only share what we know ourselves to be true. Thank you!

• grant hayes
                grant hayes commented
                Editing a comment
                What an insightful comment, rhymetime. Thank you for sharing.

• Suz-zen
                Suz-zen commented
                Editing a comment
                I have just re-read this poem after reading your comment rt.
                ...keen insight, as Grant has pointed out.In light of the life and death of Hemingway it makes this all the more poignant.
            Working...
            X