Me and the Poets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Me and the Poets

Please just put up with me. I will get serious or not.

You’ns use big words

‘bout stuff I don’t know

I’s kinda scart my ignernce

might show.

Just the other day

Someone said “Haiku”

I hadn’t sneezed, but I said

“thank you”.

Now I’m a wonderin’

Were that the wrong thing to do?

Should I showed ‘em a finger and said

“Haiku you too?”

Then somebody said “zin”.

I said “yes ma’m, I do

I kinda like it

Bettin’ you do too.”

She looked at me funny

Shakin’ her head

musta misunderstood

Some’n I said.

Somebody wrote” Iambic”

I wrote "hey Bic, Iamjack,

Nice to met ya man”

He didn't write back. (I think that’s one o’ them forced rhymes)

I saw this word I didn’t know- pentameter

Looked it up on the www, now that there’s cool

I read the definition and thought

“now whose the fool?”

“A line of verse five metrical feet”.

I know ya’lls real bright,

But one line five feet long?

That just don’t seem right ( another one o’ them forced rhymes)

It’s hard to be stupid

In a world full of smart

It's like have’n a lump

Each time you fart.

I’ll shut up for now

Won’t say anymore

I think I’ll go fix me

A mixed metaphor.

Last edited by rhymetime; 07-06-2016, 07:20 AM.

rhymetime - you have me in stitches here! I love this. If there is even a hint of genuine concern in your participation - rest assured you are in great company. Though the zone has some real brainiacs and accomplished poets - I have to look up most of the words (especially proper nouns - but plenty of others too) to have any context at all. But I feel like I'm learning something from each person that shares his/her talents here. And through this piece you have taught me (whether meaning to or not) to have FUN with this past-time/possible profession! Thank you for that!

Comment

• rhymetime
      rhymetime commented
      Editing a comment
      Your thoughts here mean so much to me. If you laughed that is a great thing and a great compliment to me. I am dumb to much of the jargon of poetry but I love the medium and pray each time I send something that it means something to somebody. At the end of the day we better be able to laugh at ourselves and have fun with the things we enjoy. Joy, peace and happiness are ours to embrace. We gotta grab hold and hang on tight. Life really is a great ride

• Pyro
      Pyro commented
      Editing a comment
      I couldn't agree more with the both of you. I feel tiny in the presence of all this greatness. Yet it is FUN to just throw your (non)sense (in my case 'nonsense' is quite suitable) out there and learn some new words while you're at it.
      So great comment RLW! It is a reassuring read to all new members!
      And awesome poem rhymetime! It really is hilarious!
      I kinda recognise myself in all of the above and I rest assured I find myself in great company.
      So cheers to the both of you for sharing your lovely poems, supportive comments and other thoughts (anything goes, right?). They mean a lot to me too.

Lmao!!! This here poem's reel good! Loved it!!

Comment

• rhymetime
      rhymetime commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you so very much. Your work today has been so serious I was almost embarrassed to be so frivolous. the key word being almost. My reward is your laughter in the midst of such chaos.

Rhymetime, I made up these 2 names for my wife and I: Fidgety Flo and I'm Huckleberry Thin. Yes as RLW stated "we gotta have fun" anyway, huckleberry thin would definitely fit in. The language of Thin with a toothless grin!

Comment

• rhymetime
      rhymetime commented
      Editing a comment
      I love and identify with Thin. I would love to hear more about them.

I'm searching my poems rhymetime

Comment

This is awesome, rhymetime. I love every line. You're too clever by 'alf. Likes galore!
      Last edited by grant hayes; 07-03-2016, 06:38 PM.

Comment

• rhymetime
        rhymetime commented
        Editing a comment
        A positive response from you means so much. I suspect that you are one of the educated, smart ones for whom I have so much respect (and maybe a little fear). You are someone from whom I hope to learn a lot.

Thank you

• grant hayes
        grant hayes commented
        Editing a comment
        I am but a little educated and rather more wasted than smart, rhymetime. May we all learn from each other.

Grant , you know I can not take credit for rhymetime's superb write.

Comment

• grant hayes
        grant hayes commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry, Bobby. My screen shows the last person to comment rather than the author.

• rhymetime
        rhymetime commented
        Editing a comment
        Did you mean you didn't want to take credit or you didn't want to be blamed

• grant hayes
        grant hayes commented
        Editing a comment
        I was so keen to respond I rushed to hit 'Post' and thus tripped.

I am with the rest, rt. This is hilarious. I enjoyed every line of this wonderful tongue in cheek poem. It is well written from start to finish!

Comment

• rhymetime
        rhymetime commented
        Editing a comment
        I read everything you share here. I am in awe of your skills and talent.
        Thank you for your kind review.

• MHenry
        MHenry commented
        Editing a comment
        We write to be read, so that is the greatest compliment! Thank you, rt!

Very amusing, rhymetime, it made me laugh. I can relate.

Comment

• rhymetime
        rhymetime commented
        Editing a comment
        Anytime I can bring a smile or laughter then my job is done.
        Thank you so very much.

I'll take credit for my latest post today.

Comment

imo this would make a perfect introduction to a book of poetry. 😄 love this

Comment

• rhymetime
          rhymetime commented
          Editing a comment
          You are dealing with an idiot here what is "imo" ? In addition to not being very bright I am also old

Thank you for enjoying my verse. I will make a deal with you. You write the poetry book and I'll write the intro

hahaa in my opinion. really I think this is brilliant.

Comment

I've already had my second mixed metaphor and it isn't 4:00. I know now you are from Pittsburgh since we are the only people to say "you'ns" meaning ya'll. A fun read!

Comment

• rhymetime
            rhymetime commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey, I sent a reply to you but not in this space sent as a general comment. Sorry - to many mixed metaphore.

I love this and you are not overshadowed by anyone here-your reviews of others poems are very astute,your own skills seem well developed- The poem above seems easy but it is not you put just the right wording and emphasis for it to work beautifully

Comment

• rhymetime
            rhymetime commented
            Editing a comment
            You are much to kind but I'm okay with that . Thank you so very much for taking the time to read and share your thoughts.
            I always enjoy your work and thoughtful comments on the work of others.

Thank you my friend.
          I first heard the word you'ns from a young lady from a place called TenGa. A little town that straddles a line between, you guessed it, Tennessee and Georgia. .

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts. Sorry I'm not from Pittsburgh.

Comment

Working...
          X