Looking with Closed Eyes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking with Closed Eyes

Last edited by Sumyanna; 07-17-2016, 08:32 AM.

The thing that makes this seashore encounter particularly affecting is the way you've framed it: as something visualised at the prompting of another, and placed in the past: the memory of a visualisation of a vividly tangible setting. I find that fascinating, Sumyanna. And you close it with a fusion of the memory with your body, waves and heartbeat. Awesome!

Comment

Coming from the plains, I so appreciate the beautiful imagery presented here. It relaxes and comforts me on a deep level. And the heart, beating to the rhythm of the waves - feels just right. Your words invite me to feel it too. Beautiful!

Comment

Your poem is so relaxing, Sumyanna, I loved the way you painted your song... <3

Comment

yes I believe your heart does beat with the waves!

Comment

This is incredible Sumyanna ! I was at the beach this evening just before sunset and you almost described exactly my experience... gulls,sounds of the ocean, wet sand... my most favorite line ...your perfect description ='Water pulls back to the ocean'
            As I felt this i could not put it into words and here it is. Bravo! the entire piece beginning to end is my kind of ZEN poetry... one i wish i'd written as the last line blows me away!

Comment

You have transported us, Sumyanna! Dozens of RhymeZoners are now sitting with tightly closed lids attempting to conjure the seashore, the sand, and the gulls. When I close my eyes, I see spots. Not even a close second!

Comment

I agree with the others. Your mastery of form and style, draw the reader in, the reader literal has a vicarious experience.

Comment

Working...
                X