Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kindest Sunlight

Deleted
    Last edited by grant hayes; 12-25-2017, 08:42 PM.

This dreamy sequence seems a departure from traditional Grantian fare. I love the structure and flow, and though you use more 'common' verbiage, it displays in a fashion still designed distinctly in your style. Your unique voice and high stature elevate the blessing of sunshine into surreal theater. Kudos Grant!

Comment

• grant hayes
      grant hayes commented
      Editing a comment
      It is a dreamy sequence, I grant, Rhymist. I suppose I let a reverie take its course, then clipped it into the shape you see here. I am pleased you have been grantertained. Thank you!

Me too - love the flow and imagery.

Comment

• grant hayes
      grant hayes commented
      Editing a comment
      From the doyenne of flow and imagery, I take this as high praise.

Both mournful and romantic. Not easily achieved in a single piece, but masterfully done.

Comment

• grant hayes
      grant hayes commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, good Qoheleth; I appreciate your reading, always.

Magnificent, Sensei! The four syllable masterpiece, brim-filled with artful device, unstilted, yet standing tall above the rest! I must consult Webster to decipher a few words, but most retain your signature enigma while simultaneously ringing and singing clear and sharp. The piece is lyrical and melancholy at one and the same time.

Comment

• grant hayes
      grant hayes commented
      Editing a comment
      Ah, it just wouldn't be grantian if it didn't prompt a run to the dictionary, eh Maestro? Thank you for always being so generous with your reading and responses.

grant hayes on my FIRST read i gasped at: 'clown cartwheeling
    on gravid towns'
    WHAT AN IMAGE WITH SO FEW WORDS

further down (or up depending on your viewpoint) another out-loud bubbled up and out of me when my eyes saw...all the sunlight
    was only past

This is far too much to digest in one reading.....
    true sign of greatness!!

And i agree with MHenry the 4 syllable works magic with your talents!

Comment

• grant hayes
      grant hayes commented
      Editing a comment
      I hope you don't end up with poetic indigestion, Suz-zen. May it be, rather, a d├ęgustation! Many thanks for the encouragement.

A fantastic, hayesian string of ha'sonnets! Wonderful, grant!

Comment

• grant hayes
      grant hayes commented
      Editing a comment
      I guess they are ha'sonnet-ish, though the volta and turn are lacking. Many thanks for reading, O ha'sonnet master!

I sense you are having fun with your poems!! or maybe its just the reader

Comment

I don't think I ever really have fun, lunar glide; that requires a certain vitality. I do experience enjoyment though, sometimes. But if you have fun with my poems, I am well pleased.

Comment

I agree with RLW, that there is more of the poet/dreamer here than the thinker/intellect we have come to know in your work. The appeal of this piece is universal.

Comment

I'm glad you find it appealing, John. Thank you.

Comment

I agree with RLW's comment...
            I like the imagery of this poem. ­čśŐ

Comment

Working...
            X