• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dreaming in Color

end of day presents
    slumber tease in darkness framed
    masterworks commence

RhymeLovingWriter this is a welcome invitation. your last line really got me!

Comment

• RhymeLovingWriter
      RhymeLovingWriter commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Suz-zen. Sometimes I have the craziest dreams and really enjoy puzzling them out!

• Suz-zen
      Suz-zen commented
      Editing a comment
      I do too! Maybe another part of the poets brain? Wonder if this common with the others here?

I didn't sleep much (or well) last night - so I'm hopefully writing to inspire different results tonight!

Comment

^ I agree with Suz-zen. The last line is amazing. You are so good at haiku, too. OF COURSE!!!

Comment

• RhymeLovingWriter
        Editing a comment
        Thank you for the kind comments Grant. I feel I'm still learning the haiku form. The syllable count is the easy part. I look forward to honing that craft!

Wonderful haiku RLW.

Comment

The last line is a doozy, no doubt, but kudos to the preceding lines, without which not the last! Yes, the syllable count is easy, thanks to knuckles and the Arabic numeral system. Notwithstanding these poetic aids, I have miscounted many a time! Great haiku RLW!

Comment

• RhymeLovingWriter
        Editing a comment
        Thanks MHenry. I like that word, 'doozy'!

I love this! Brevity and imagery.

Comment

• RhymeLovingWriter
        Editing a comment
        Thank you Dwayne. So often I tend toward longer verse. I like the way the haiku form challenges me to make the most of a few syllables!

you made the most of this one for sure!

Comment

• RhymeLovingWriter
        Editing a comment
        Thanks LG! Although I got a great night's sleep - no dreams to recall - color or otherwise! Still, I love the sentiment and hopefulness and possibility for future slumbers!

Beautiful Haiku. FYI, I've had a couple of dreams over the last month with the most vivid and intriguing detail, despite my complaints of insomnia - mostly caffeine induced.

Comment

• RhymeLovingWriter
        Editing a comment
        Thank you Tanner. I respect your work, so this comment means a lot. My insomnia is also sometimes caffeine induced...I could get a better handle on that and am trying.
    Working...
    X