Often passed out on the bar room floor
    With a needle and a spoon
    Swept up in the deadly reverie
    And sleeping it off till noon

The night they found her raped and gutted
    In the alley by the bar
    She'd already been three weeks sober
    And had learned to play guitar
    Last edited by MHenry; 06-22-2016, 03:18 PM.

Oh wow - your lines tell such a story! Sad, but all the more - well told!

Comment

• MHenry
      MHenry commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for looking and liking, Sumyanna, As you know, I am a fan of yours!

• Sumyanna
      Sumyanna commented
      Editing a comment
      You are more than welcome. Thank you - by the way. I find it ever so interesting how just as we are all individuals, our personalities (hopes and dreams as well) are wrapped up in our poetry. Each poet - unique in their beauty.

Ah the dark MHenry, with the poems that shock but still make you want to read because they are so well written. Now with more rhyme. Well done.
    Last edited by Muttado1sb; 06-22-2016, 02:14 PM.

Comment

• MHenry
      MHenry commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, for the read and for the comment, Muttado1sb, Yes, the unavoidable, inevitable turn (return) to the dark!

Amazingly done MH.

Comment

• MHenry
      MHenry commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, for the look, AG!

you could teach m. shyamalan how to write an ending 😄

Comment

• MHenry
      MHenry commented
      Editing a comment
      That's a very nice thing to say, lg! Thanks for reading and commenting!

a genius junkie, another gone to soon. Lazy diamond studded funky. She had wisdom and knew what to do, she had me and she had you. The 27 club. What a shame

Comment

• MHenry
      MHenry commented
      Editing a comment
      RIP Jim Morrison and so many others.. Thanks for the look and the comment, The second!

My goodness, you can string a tale to shocking conclusion.

Signature style, and I must say the phrases cut deep, well before the last slice.

Easily one of my favorites!

Comment

• MHenry
      MHenry commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, Dwayne, It seems no matter what I do, I inevitably come back to the dark. Apparently, I am and have always been fascinated with evil, death, doom, disasters, etc. Perhaps the subconscious feels facing it in fictitious terms will somehow stave off the harsh reality?

Interesting how you also tend toward injustice in your work, but actual injustice, not fictitious.

I am glad you enjoyed this, Dwayne. I appreciate your comments very much.

Powerful verse MHenry. Punch in the last stanza makes me sit up and take notice even more - tragedy writ large. Nicely done.

Comment

• MHenry
      MHenry commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, RLW, I appreciate your comments, and it is good to see you in the Zone!

Thank you, Samuel, for the look, the like, and the comment

Comment

A true tragedy, MHenry, in its sense of inevitability, this hard edged vignette. Bravo!

Comment

• MHenry
        MHenry commented
        Editing a comment
        So many sad deaths in this world. Drugs, alcohol, and guns the cause of so many heartbreaking ones. Thanks for the like, the look, and the comment, grant! It's good to see you!

• grant hayes
        grant hayes commented
        Editing a comment
        It's good to see you getting the kudos you deserve, Maestro.

MHenry I randomly went low in the queue and I stumbled upon this gem from you. Maybe you’ll stumble upon my response one day. How fitting that today is Janis Joplin’s birthday. I love serendipitous moments and your poem.

Comment

Hi, Bobby, Thank you for dredging up this old ode to Janis! I didn't realize it was her birthday. Today, I was listening to Tom Jones sing Delilah on YouTube after hearing it on the radio. What a powerful voice he had back then. While I was there, I came across a YouTube video of the Rolling Stones performing Satisfaction and Janis was in the audience and had a couple of cameos. Thank you for your comment. I am still peeking in on RhymeZone now and then just in case something interesting catches my eye! Good to see you, Bobby!

Comment

• AlexandratheLate
          AlexandratheLate commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey MH. you’re greatly missed.

Hi, Alexandra the Great! Maybe I will try to have a little bit of a presence again soon. I value the friendships and camaraderie of my RhymeZone friends!

Comment

a fine poem on a great subject -how did I miss this first time around -good to see you even on an old post

Comment

very Nice poet btw , i gonna love it really

Comment

Working...
          X