Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seed Vault

Deleted
    Last edited by Merkavah; 03-28-2021, 02:01 AM.

Terrific in hopefulness! Breaking the quatrains, so effective.and "Faith (a verb, not just a noun)" stands out. I would have liked to read the * small print but I have inadvertently gotten my RZ view into a smallish mode and not being a computer geek can't for the life of me get out!!!!

Comment

• Merkavah
      Merkavah commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! I backed myself into a bit of a corner using 'verb' and 'noun' in a straight rhyming poem, but I couldn't help it--gotta love grammar in poetry?

* אמונה * The Hebraic concept of 'faith' would be better understood by modern readers as 'faithful' with hints of 'steady' and 'truthworthy'. The modern concept of faith as 'belief in the unprovable' is extremely narrow and even contradictory to the original Hebraic roots. If someone was known to be full of faith, it was proven by their continuously trustworthy faithfulness, as evidenced by the fact that God was said to be full of 'faith' quite a bit. Even the Greek 'faith', while generally a Noun, is proven by the actions and evidence. Other traditions may have their own nuances that I am not as familiar with...

Word studies are always fun, words have so many nuances.

An elegant and artful appeal to the benevolent generosity of spirit missing in so many hearts, Merkavah.

Comment

• Merkavah
      Merkavah commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep, as has been pointed out in many a science experiment, the majority of 'good' people, such as myself, choose passivity over benevolent generosity. So what started out as a funny poem for a game turned into a mini-sermon... oops.

this is a faithful write 😄 aside from the touching subject the poetic devices are strong.

Comment

<3 Love love this! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

• Merkavah
        Merkavah commented
        Editing a comment
        Glad you liked it and that I decided to expand on my original stupid little poem.

I love this Merkavah! And it IS all about choice, isn't it? Free will - the bane and beauty of becoming fully human!

Comment

• Merkavah
        Merkavah commented
        Editing a comment
        It can be hard to have any joy in living when we choose to be sad and anxious about everything, even when there is plenty to worry about. But life has so much beauty that even the worst circumstances can still leave room for, at the least hope, but also love, joy, faith, etc.
    Working...
    X