sweetened succor
    swiftly to my heart

time away counts
    only loss of
    riches buried
    deeper than
    seconds left
    for excavation

I'll have four, eight, and a half dozen four-syllable lines please....

It's great to read you again, Rhymist. Strawbale's loss is the Zone's gain! Welcome back

Comment

I'll have some of what he just had

Comment

Extraordinarily well wrought, RLW! The time away has enriched your poetic soul, as evidenced in these delightful lines (though the pile on your computer screen grew in your absence).

Comment

You have been missed and your poetic rhyming sorely needed. Great to read another one of your poems. More please!! :-)

Comment

Missing someone is really a sad part of a life and if you could express your feelings via poetry or sayings then probably it will reach to that person for whom it is written.

It's really a heart touching.

thanks

Comment

And I was gonna write this one for you! Just kidding RLW! You have been missed and your writing. Welcome back RLW. Wonderful sentiment!

Comment

RhymeLovingWriter
                Administrator
                RhymeLovingWriter oh oh oh oh!!! my!!! love reading this as each word topples and tumbles over me from line to line!! you HAVE been missed.

~~~~sweetened succor
                swiftly to my heart~~~~

succor is a sound/word that i have never been able to work into a poem, and now i have no need! This is perfect!!

I treasure that last stanza

thank you!

Comment

welcome back RLW! 😊💐 A bouquet for your return!

Comment

You all are too kind - and I wish I were back for good, but after a little while tonight I'll have about another week offline until I get back home to my regular routine. I was struck, after just a short while online the other night how much I'd missed and how much I am fed by this wonderful community after only a few short months getting to know you! You, your eloquent words, your heartfelt expression, truly make me smile, and think, and sometimes ache and cry - but always, always - reading your works blesses me. Thank you fellow poets! I'll be back soon.

Comment

Working...
                    X